This one takes the cake - request for return of payment - Financial Institution

Well this is a doosey but feel i will loose out. Buyer purchased a Large Wooden coffee table which was pick up only in AUGUST 2015 - They were a little slow in picking item up but all finalised in the end. Paid with Paypal and obviously through their credit card. I have now had a case opened against me for a dispute on payment by Paypal for the payment of the coffee table.  - More than 6 months later. Of course the listing is no longer accesible. Paypal requesting tracking details for the item. Yeah write when it is pick up only. I did manage to find an old email about details for collection but that is all I could find. I will ring Paypal today and question their reasoning for the case against me - 6 months later.  In addition I have tracked down the buyers Id and sent a explicit email through ebay messages. Wasted over and hour of my life for an idiot that cannot remember a transaction. Will try and fight this to the end if it is not resolved in my favour,. Got to say the buyer on collection was a blonde dippy bimbo and this does sort of prove it. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi all - Final update - Checked my paypal account today and case closed in favour of BUYER - even though I provided screen shots of positive feedback from buyer.  Called paypal - on hold for over 1 hour which I have to say put me in a ripe old mood. 

Asked them to explain how they could go in favour of the buyer when I provided screen shots of feedback. The answer outside their policy. As we suspected Paypal do not gurantee items that are collected. Lesson learnt on my part - Collected items CASH ONLY from now on. 

Let them now I would be taking my business elsewhere and not using paypal and would close my account. Funny they then could see my point and have refunded my the funds. 

I would have throught a buyer leaving positive feedback for an item was more verified they had the item in good order than bloody tracking numbers which does not always mean the buyer has the item!!!!! just depends on the good old posties delivering to the correct address!!!

Cheers to all who weighed in on the discussion and perhaps a lesson for many of us. 

View solution in original post

Message 28 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

what exactly is in dispute? the item sold. it was paid for. it was collected.

was it was a second hand item?

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

Large second hand Timber Coffee Table paid via Paypal and was pick up only and collected buy the buyer who is now disputing the credit card transaction.  Don't know how paypal can claim against the payment to my account but they have. 

Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

They onviously are disputing the credit card transaction through their financial institions company (bank)

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

I don't think you'll have good chances of winning this one unfortunately.

As part of my work, I manage the payments and process discount vouchers for a friend's business and we just had a chargeback from an individual who bought a voucher last year.

What's interesting is that the bank got the money back from us for them last week AND the person tried to have the voucher honoured a day later!  How stupid can one be.  It might be an honest mistake by the card holder who doesn't remember what the transaction was for, but the fact they ignored my attempts to get in contact with them kind of says they were trying to scam us.

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

Paypal will have me to deal with on this one should I loose they will feel my wrath - definiately will not let it go without a fight on principal.!!!

Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

maybe the financial ombudsman would be an option. worth a try.

Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

I am sorry to hear about the situation you find yourself in here.

Please keep us updated on this thread, on how this goes.

Good luck with PayPal !!!

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

This is the very reason that you should only accept cash on pickup for Pick Up only goods.

If you do lose the chargeback contact the buyer and tell them that if they do not pay you in cash for the item you will be taking the matter further as it is fraud.  Then contact ACORN.

Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

But, but, but,  there's no buyer protection with pick-up

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply