Requesting buyer's contact details

Once upon a time, I know you could request a buyer's details, including phone numbers. They also sent an email to the buyer with your details. I cannot find how to do this now - is it still possible?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Due to eBay's paranoia about "off eBay transactions" buyers and sellers can only exchange details if the buyer has committed to buy or has won an auction for an item.

If either the buyer or seller attempt to exchange details before that BOTH will be slapped with a 7 day restriction on messaging anyone.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Yes I know this, but I want to contact a buyer - she has already bought, paid for and received the item, and despite me sending her two emails (via ebay anbd via the one supplied in her PP payment) has not replied. The reason I would like to get in touch diirectly is in response to some very odd feedback she left. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Careful what you wish for.

A neutral does not affect your %

If you annoy her, she may want to change it to a neg.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I'm with stawks, personally I would let sleeping dogs lie.

Especially seeing as there is no response to your messages.

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You're not supposed to contact buyers about their feedback so I'd be very wary of sending more messages or of ringing them. FYI phone numbers appear on the sales record in seller hub, as do the email addresses. I doubt very much you'll get a satisfactory response by hassling them any more. You're just as likely to get a policy violation if they report it to ebay.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply