Resending an Invoice already paid for

Hi Everyone, How do I resend invoice that is already paid. Customer wants another for her records??

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Resending an Invoice already paid for

It sounds like she might be trying to say that the funding source she has attached to PayPal is no longer valid, so even though payment has been initiated, it will fail or be rejected.

Was the payment an eCheque or instant payment, and what is the status of the payment in your PayPal account? If an echeque or credit card payment fails, you'll get notice, but if the payment is cancelled, no notice is sent at all. Sometimes a credit / debit card backed payment will go through as instant but then be rejected later on when the attempt to draw the funds is actually made, so keep that in mind as well. 

I'd double-check that the payment has fully cleared, and if there are any issues, you may be able to unmark as payment received an reissue the invoice, or generate one directly from PayPal and send it to her email address. If the payment has cleared fully, just explain that you have received cleared payment in full. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Just checked and payment was instant and the status is completed.

I might just unmark as payment receive like you said and resend.

I will also send her an email checking that is the reason.

She hasn't give me much to go with

Thank you for your help

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I don't think you can.

Why can't she just print off 2 copies of the original invoice?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Well that is what I thought. Here is the questions she has sent me:

Can you please send me Bill again as I've swapped banks & need to make payment asap. thinking u

But this lady has already made payment and nothing is owing. I mentioned this to here and then she sent back:

my account that was closed . forgot to update PayPal.

Strange so I haven't got back to her.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

It sounds like she might be trying to say that the funding source she has attached to PayPal is no longer valid, so even though payment has been initiated, it will fail or be rejected.

Was the payment an eCheque or instant payment, and what is the status of the payment in your PayPal account? If an echeque or credit card payment fails, you'll get notice, but if the payment is cancelled, no notice is sent at all. Sometimes a credit / debit card backed payment will go through as instant but then be rejected later on when the attempt to draw the funds is actually made, so keep that in mind as well. 

I'd double-check that the payment has fully cleared, and if there are any issues, you may be able to unmark as payment received an reissue the invoice, or generate one directly from PayPal and send it to her email address. If the payment has cleared fully, just explain that you have received cleared payment in full. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you for your help

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Just say you can`t

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@janebrown75 wrote:

Thank you for your help

I don't think you can unmark a paypal payment...at least not until it is rejected.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

In the end that is what I have done. 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

in situations like these I prefer to direct the buyer to ebay or paypal to resolve it. she's cleary a bit special so just tell her the system is unable to let you do it blame it on ebay and direct her to them.  they can deal with the problems with their system why should you have to?

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Jane, just so you know for for future reference it's a simple matter to reissue another invoice if a buyers requires one. Simply go to your Sold page in Selling Manager, check-mark the relevant sale item, then click on Postage Action at the top of the list. From there you can print and send as many additional invoices as you like without having to unmark payments or doing anything else.

2014-10-14 18-59-07.png

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply