Return to Sender

I sold and sent to address provided by eBay.

Item returned to me safely, marked RTS.

I reckon I have just received the most dodgy advice from the chat service

Seriously suggesting I could keep the item and the buyers cash.....

I doubt that would end well.

FWIW I was trying to get eBay to give some compensation for the postage cost (I failed with that)

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Return to Sender

Total is $675 which is why I am reluctant to just send to a new address. I mean he may be totally above board and he seems ok. He did buy one of the same items (the order we are talking about was for 3 of the original order) and this was sent to his new address and he looks like he has ordered other things so not sure how he put the old address for this order. 

I think I should refund. Is there a way to refund even though it now says delivered in the eBay system so that the fees are taken off? 

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

At that price I would relist and start again and if the buyer is legit will have no issues repurchasing the item. 

Can you cancel due to issues with buyers address as you get your fees back.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

There is no option now to cancel the order. Presumably because it was delivered (even though it was RTS it means it is marked as delivered in the eBay system). 

The only options I have now to choose in 'send a refund' are the following which I suspect mean no fees are given back.  Would the buyer themselves have more luck getting eBay to sort this?

Options.JPG

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

I would go with buyer cancelled and let them know what is happening. You will know as the refund page will show the fees being returned if it is the correct one.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

Is there a way to refund even though it now says delivered in the eBay system so that the fees are taken off? 

Yes, you can refund. No, you won't get your fees back.

You wear the fees if you continue to deal with this buyer.

As I said in your other thread, I would refund less fees and BLOCK them.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

I thought the may have been a way but that may have been some years ago.

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Thanks for all the helpful advice and input, it was much appreciated. I got eBay to ring me and explained the situation and they allowed me to refund the buyer minus the postage and also organized for the eBay fees to be reimbursed to me. 

So quite a positive outcome really. The buyer may end up still buying the items but even if not, at least it was handled with some integrity and the outcome hopefully is ok for both of us. Thanks again. 

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply