Revision restrictions for sellers No love for small volume sellers

I had a eBay store as I had quiet a few items to sell, now less items so I cancelled my eBay store. Now they tell me I can't revise any items I currently have listed. These are items that are Fixed Price and List Till Cancelled. So I can't revise them because I no longer have a store, WHAT?????

I dont have bids on items but I do have watchers on some items. I would like to maybe entice a bid by reducing the price a bit but no I can't do it.

This really seems stupid, so I can cancel the item and relist it but I would lose all the watchers I have.

How is this good for eBay, I have about 150 items that will just sit there doing nothing earning no money for me or for eBay.

eBay will fill up with items that are stagnant, how is that good for anyone?

They really dont seem to care about the small volume users.

I suppose I can look for Facebook Groups to sell specific items in and thats what I intend to do, no good going to Gumtree as eBay own that as well.

Anyone else feeling the lack of love for small volume sellers??

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Revision restrictions for sellers No love for small volume sellers

If you've got 150 GTC listings, don't forget when they tick over after 30 days you'll pay an insertion fee on 110 of them. 110 x $1.50 might hurt a bit if sales are slow. Non store you're better with 30 day listings with 3 free relists. Then you get 4 months per listing rather than just 1.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

As they are listing in store forat I guess Ebays options are leave as is or cancel anyway and make you list as non store. when you closd the store.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I looking at the other online store that rhymes with betsy and it looks ok, will probably move my items over to them

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

If you've got 150 GTC listings, don't forget when they tick over after 30 days you'll pay an insertion fee on 110 of them. 110 x $1.50 might hurt a bit if sales are slow. Non store you're better with 30 day listings with 3 free relists. Then you get 4 months per listing rather than just 1.

Thanks for that would be a nasty suprise!!!

I'm going to look at the other online store that rhymes with betsy so for it looks like it might be a better option

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

As they are listing in store forat I guess Ebays options are leave as is or cancel anyway and make you list as non store. when you closd the store.

I'm looking at the other online store that rhymes with betsy, looks ok, will probably move my items over to there.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Most of what you have listed on this account won't work on that other site. Look into the rules before you go doing anything too drastic. It's more a hand made crafty type site.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Most of what you have listed on this account won't work on that other site. Look into the rules before you go doing anything too drastic. It's more a hand made crafty type site.

Yeah, you'd think so,  but there's plenty of vintage collectables for sale.

Guess they don't police their own rules (either)

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Oh really? It's been yonks since I've checked it out, I might have to head over and have a look. I like vintage collectables! (not that I need any more LOL).

Spoiler
Really, I don't need any more, so don't tell Mr Tippy if I happen to find something I like. I'm sure if I add it to the rest he won't notice........much.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I've been busted a couple of times in the last two weeks.  My knees are so bad that I have not been game to walk outside on the wet ground so my OH has had to bring in the mail.

The last lot of DVDs from overseas have been straggling in that were bought during ebay's last discount offer.   The slamming of the door usually alerts me to the fact that another one has arrived and he ain't happy.

Luckily many of them were for him (he loves the nature series such as David Attenboroughs new Planet Earth) so his protests tend to fizzle out.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply