Rotten start to the year sick to death of scammers

G'day just here to vent some anger and pass on some advise on two recent overseas sales that I have lost big on.

First was a 250 dollars camera I sold overseas to Italy posted it as usually at the post office I always ask for tracking on my parcels but Australia post screwed up just sent it economy with no tracking didn't realise until I got back home later that night to enter the tracking number into the system that it was just economy air to late for me to change anything sure enough the dodgy buyer took advantage of the situation opened a not received case and got himself a free camera at my expense eBay also kept the fvf for themselves for such a successful sale.

Today I woke up with 2 more not received cases, I sold 3 vintage tailights to a chap in the UK the 3 tailights worth about 200 each where sold separately that's how he chose to buy them I did give a large post discount on the third one before he paid.

Anyway the 3 tailights were packed in the one box with tracking and signature made sure no mistakes this time but when I went to enter the tracking number on 3 separate items going to the same buyer it won't let me so only one tailight had tracking on eBay's system the other two just marked as posted.

The parcel was confirmed delivered 17 days ago and today he decided it would be a good day to take advantage of this loop hole and get two out of 3 tailights for free.

So now my PayPal is minus 500 dollars I'm loving life at the moment I think my days of selling on a site full of theiving buyers who like to abuse the money back guarantee system are coming to a end.

EBay is no longer a safe place to trade

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Sorry to hear about your losses, I can't blame you for being upset. However, sometimes bad things happen all at once. The rest of the year may be good for you. I have only sold in Australia, so I really can't comment on International sales, except to say that I do know many people on and off eBay, who will not sell to Italy. Personally, I have worn my handbag over my shoulder and across my chest after travelling there some 30 years ago. Generally, if you have had successful International sales in the past, should you let this one spate of bad luck ruin it all for you?  Maybe you have made some profits in the past and need to weigh up the good against the bad.  We all have bad luck at times, better times may be coming your way. Sure there are always scammers out there, but I do believe that the majority of people are good and not out there to rip you off, you have just struck two in a short amount of time, unfortunately.

Wishing you all the best whatever you decide to do.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Never again will I send to Italy but the UK I will give a second chance too I'm going to make sure that dodgy buyer loses his account because of this scam the parcel had a weight of 5 kg pretty hard for 1 tailight to weigh that much.

I will fight this case real hard

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

You admitted the first case was your fault for not checking at the PO.

The second one - where you made the mistake was not sending them in 3 different

parcels.  If that's how the buyer paid for them, then that's how they should have 

been sent.

Then you would've had 3 tracking numbers.

Yes, some buyers will take advantage, but that's why you have to be one step ahead of them.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Stawks, I always send multiple items in the same package, even if the buyer paid separately. The main issue is that Ebay wouldn't allow him to enter the tracking number into each item. I'm not sure why it wouldn't allow the OP to do so, as I've never had an issue with this personally.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

We use selling manager pro, & have found that if we try to add the tracking number separately on several items, we are unable to do so as we receive a message after the first that the tracking number has already been used.

However, if we select the items by ticking the box, then choose "add tracking number" at the top, we can use the same number for multiple items.

Hope you understand what we mean, as it sounds a bit convoluted when reading it back. ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

That's really bad ๐Ÿ˜ž

There's nothing worse than 'that' feeling when you 'know' someone has touched you, akin to knowing someone has been fiddling in your underwear drawer.

We've only suffered the one 'suspicious' event and unless you're working on big margins, which we aren't, it takes a long time to not just cover the loss, but what should have been the return as well. A lot of people forget that.

We settled it amicably. It was in our interest to do so at the time. interestingly too,  said 'sussy' buyer thought all was hunky dory and we were friends for life. We received mail (Club Mail) asking why he seemed to be having trouble buying/bidding on our items. I let that go through to the keeper. Let him think about it. It's little solace though.

There are so many good, honest people out there and then, as Giorgy calls them, there's 'Grubs.'

Really sorry for your troubles. I hope what goes around somehow comes around.

Melina.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Today has been tough.

Before lunch:

- Someone who bought a $100 item sent a message saying that her account was hacked and not to send the item. I checked the tracking number, it was delivered at 9:30 this morning and the scammer sent the message minutes later.

- Four other buyers complained about items they received. All are genuine buyers with degrees of validity to their claims, but I do not get complaints everyday. It has to be today.

- ebay sent a message saying I have not paid my last month's bill. They sent an email yesterday and I rang them and they said it was a spoof. Today they said it was real and their system couldn't pick up the automatic payment. I've been paying them automatically for years, this never happened. It has to be today.

After lunch:

- Received two "Return to Sender" packages. Both were unexpected, one was marked "Refused by addresse".

- Received a message from this person trying to bargain for an item. See her Feedback Left for Others screenshot below. She gave 15 red dots out of the 25 on her first page. Nice of her to alert me, she went straight into my blocked list. Today's not the day to dangle my foot over a croc.

idiot.jpg

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

WOW ...did you kill a black cat with a shard of glass from a broken mirror whilst sitting under a ladder. I would say go buy a lotto ticket but you would probably get hit by a bus on the way with your luck.

Hope your day gets better ...it has too as I think you have sucked up all the bad luck from miles around you ! 

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

A veritable vortex of bad luck  

Related image
Message 10 of 25
Latest reply