SALES waaah whaahhhh!!

saarzi
Community Member

So, my sales are own over 70% or something from this time last year, which was down from the year before.

Last 2 years Ebay sales have been terrible.  Ive sold four items this week, and I usually sell 30 or more per week this time of year (yes, i know its winter, yes i know my clothes are mostly summer, read what I just wrote).

ANYWAYS....

I noticed not even bots are looking at my items now..... 3 days with no views at all?

Anyone else?  Never had it take that long before. (I went in and made a change to the listings so it updated, but I shouldnt have to do that).

What the hell Ebay??  Ebay throttling issues getting worse, or have consumers just gotten sick of Ebay in general?   or both?  I think last year a few of us predicted in 5 years Ebay would be shutting down. I think we're on track.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

SALES waaah whaahhhh!!

I am lucky enough to have sales but they are SOOOOOOOOOO predictable its scary. The monthly dollar values on all selling accounts lined up last night to be within $50 per month of the mean average for each of 30, 90 & 120 days on both stores. And this was on sales figures of a few thousand $$$$$ per month. ( used to be double that two years ago ).

I,m just pleased to still be selling my limit each month. Yes it may be hidden, but it is pretty obvious what it is.  You just wonder what sort of figures we could turn in if we were left to manage our businesses unfettered.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

SALES waaah whaahhhh!!

Lucky me. i have constant, average year on year, sales.

I have no idea how many looks I hasve, nor do I care. I far prefer sales over looks.

I believe the more looks that don't result in sales (impressions) the lower you will rate in 'best match'. So less looks should be better.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

SALES waaah whaahhhh!!

If I am looking for clothing as a buyer, I would not unfortunately bother with your listings. I would have to ask too many questions.

You have not included the label in nearly all your listings. I looked into one listing for description of item and still could not find the name of the label. And plus people search for clothing and yours will never show due to not listing the name of the label. 

if you want more sales and people interested, list the name. List the label in the listing. I would not want to get a shock to discover that I purchased Millers.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

SALES waaah whaahhhh!!

I don't think ebay will ever be shutting down,just won't happen.

Since I was suspended from ebay I have been listing on another site for the past 8 months and it has been 

shocking to say the least and this site is a big site mind you.

I haven't sold a single item since I started listing 8 months ago but I have had 100s even 1000s of views but not 

a single sale. Woman Frustrated

So I think ebay is a much better platform than any other site as sellers are selling and buyers are buying even though

some might be slower than others. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

SALES waaah whaahhhh!!

Have to admit, I am the same as tajn, normally I would probably search by brand name when it comes to clothes but if I came across a clothing ad like some of those, with no brand listed, I would pass on. My reasoning is that if it is a good quality brand, it is highly likely it will be mentioned in an ad.

If it is an unknown make or small company product and I was trying to market them, I would take the time to reassure buyers of the quality features.

Mind you, some of the ads seem to have a few lookers so maybe I am not the typical buyer.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

SALES waaah whaahhhh!!

I virtually gave up on tops, mall stores are turning them over at ridiculous cheap prices you can't compete.

Buyers are used to paying bigger $$ in store for dresses, and so will pay for them.

Ebay as a whole as more sellers giving it a go, so it is a buyers market and it is harder and harder to compete. Even the big stores are onboard with online sales now.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

SALES waaah whaahhhh!!

@debonnairefashions wrote:

If I am looking for clothing as a buyer, I would not unfortunately bother with your listings. I would have to ask too many questions.

You have not included the label in nearly all your listings. I looked into one listing for description of item and still could not find the name of the label. And plus people search for clothing and yours will never show due to not listing the name of the label. 

if you want more sales and people interested, list the name. List the label in the listing. I would not want to get a shock to discover that I purchased Millers.

Agree Tajn and did you understand the random numbers and combinations of letters in the

headings because I sure as heck didn't and am sitting here scratching my head lol. I'm wondering

what on earth sdvav means for example.

Saarzi, just some hopefully helpful advice, do some urgent work on your headings and make full

use of the 80 characters or whatever ebay allows you to describe your item to make it stand out

and get rid of those numbers and letters that have nothing to do with what your item is.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply