SCAM Beware..lost almost $620

Recently I Sold ipad to the Customer and after imidiate  payment frombuyer.

As requested by the buyer  I sent  the ipad to the Buyer becuase she already paid for .. What happend next... around one week time  I got message from Paypal mentioning  buyer lodge a Charge Back case /unnauthorised transaction  and they debit $620 from my Account. I contacted paypal immidiately and told everything I did and they  open dispute and inform it will take 70 days to investigate. After two weeks time they send me email they lost charge back case and I lost money without doing any wrong ( Satisfy Cutomer..lost Money). I have contacted eBay and they did only return my final value fee and cancel the buyers account. I was so frustrated and I'm 100% feedback Top rated seller. I just want to warn other sellers never sent parcels to address not registed with eBay as you have no protection at all. Any sugessions would be highly appricated to cover my loss. Thanks

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: SCAM Beware..lost almost $620

Yes I saw that, Google Earth is not the most trustworthy to identify addresses 😉

http://www.globebackpackers.com.au/

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

good job.... i couldnt get an accurate address for it.
Stupid Google Earth.....  
cheers  Man Happy

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

The buyer doesn't need to cancel the transaction and buy again, they need to change the address when going through checkout. There is the option to change the delivery address once the are logged into their Paypal account. Just thought I'd mention it. I've purchased things for my Mum and simply change the address during checkout so the item gets delivered directly to her.
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

That's true but in this case the buyer had already completed checkout and paid then messaged the seller wanting to change the address. The seller agreed to do that which then invalidated seller protection.
What the seller needs to do to retain their cover is to ask the buyer to agree to cancel the transaction and then buy again changing the address this time as they go thru checkout.
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

I got asked to do this once. They had already paid with PayPal then the next day contacted me to ask if I would send to their new address as they had moved and not set up redirection. I said to them that their option was to either pay again with the correct address and I would just refund the other payment and send to the correct address, send a written request to send to an alternate address indemnifying me in the event of a dispute, or waiting for the 45 days time limit before posting.

They decided to wait as it was the easiest option for them.

They were very happy with that option.
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply