SENDLE disaster

Sent an item to a buyer in a small town in Victoria, mostly because Sendle was pushed at me by eBay itself. So took the Sendle option on the eBay "print a postage label" screen. Paid $8.83

Turns out Fastway do not service that town in VIC, or they do, but for a huge fee. So lo and behold my package arrives back at my address, 3 weeks later,  marked Return to Sender and a OOA sticker (outside our area).

Buyer is upset and wants me to send it again or refund.

Called eBay. No joy, want me to contact Sendle for a shipping refund (even though eBay deducted the shipping payment and legally they are obliged to refund it if the service is not provided). Sendle website is rubbish, will allow you to send an email and they say they will respond ... sometime. No phone number to call.

What to do next....?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: SENDLE disaster

If you sign up with a new email address - they have had a promotion that everyone goes on to Band 3 for about 3 months automatically. Just check if the promo is still valid.

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

If you don't fall for ebay's bait, then you won't lose out. While there are plenty that complain about Australia Post, 99.9% of the time, they deliver the mail.

No one forced you to use Sendle. You made that choice yourself hoping you could save a few cents. Regardless of the spam that ebay inflicts us all with, you were not forced to do it. Yet you chose to. More than once by the sound of it.

Yes, you will probably lose out on this sale. Chalk it up to experience. In future, do what most people do with ebay spam. Delete it. No reason to leave ebay over one bad experience. We've all made mistakes. Learn from it and move on.

If you send without tracking and the buyer claims not received, even if they have got it, you're going to lose even more. The buyer will win every single time if there is no tracking. Pleased you have decided to send with tracking after all.

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Cezm, regarding those 'letter guidelines', note that the postal worker at the post office puts the items though the 20mm slot. Surely that's the time to flag an unsuitable item to the client?

OP,   you really need to keep up with  Ebay and AP announcements.    AP    has clamped right down on people sending parcel  articles as letters.    New sorting and scanning devices can pull an item from further shipment at any point during delivery process.   Any such items can be returned to sender, or additional charges and penalties can be applied to senders accounts.  If the  sender can not be ascertained then additional charges and penalties can be applied to the recipient or delivery refused.

So it really is up to you to meet the shipping requirements and relevant costs.

I noted that the item indicated it would be shipped by  AP small box/satchel, which is what the buyer would have been expecting in the first place.  As the item (including original packaging) would well and truly fit in a small box/satchel  (max 5kg Flat Rate)  it is laughable that you state the original packaging will not be included to reduce postage costs.   It does however tend to offer an insight into your choice to  "save" on postage.

Best of luck with your transaction

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

@mark.wooba wrote:

Cezm, regarding those 'letter guidelines', note that the postal worker at the post office puts the items though the 20mm slot. Surely that's the time to flag an unsuitable item to the client?

It is the senders responsibility to make sure their item meets the requirements,  sounds like you are good at blaming everyone else for your decisions.    You make it sound like Ebay made you use sendle,  you click the mouse or the keyboard,  not Ebay.   Start taking responsibility for your own actions.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

I've sent and received rigid items in letter post numerous times without a problem.

My listing specified AP as default. This item is unprofitable to sell at all if using parcel mail.

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

E

@sugar249 wrote:

You make it sound like Ebay made you use sendle,  you click the mouse or the keyboard,  not Ebay.   Start taking responsibility for your own actions.

Ebay asked me to print a label. On the print a label screen, Sendle is presented as the first and second options for the seller to chose, giving the impression that this is eBay's preferred method. It has the look and feel of a partnership arrangement, with the price lower than AP as well. It is ludicrous, under these circumstances and with this presentation, to blame the consumer for chosing what looks like the best option. 

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

What a delightful little man

YOU chose the option

YOU chose to send non letter items as letters

Take responsibility for your own choices or take your own advice 

You need to be over 18 to use eBay anyway

The cop out 'eBay made me' shows you are obviously not

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

@mark.wooba wrote:

E

@sugar249 wrote:

You make it sound like Ebay made you use sendle,  you click the mouse or the keyboard,  not Ebay.   Start taking responsibility for your own actions.

Ebay asked me to print a label. On the print a label screen, Sendle is presented as the first and second options for the seller to chose, giving the impression that this is eBay's preferred method. It has the look and feel of a partnership arrangement, with the price lower than AP as well. It is ludicrous, under these circumstances and with this presentation, to blame the consumer for chosing what looks like the best option. 

LOL,  I'll leave the others to comment on your final 2 words

But Ebay did not ask you to print a label,  You chose the print label option,  You could have taken it to the post office or any other courier company.

Yes Sendle may be the number 1 and 2 option,  but sensible people can make a decision and select the number 3 or number 4 option.

All your decisions,

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Oh great, another "it's everyone else's fault for the decision I made" person. When oh when are people going to take responsibility for their own actions? What a numpty generation we have created. YOU made the choice to try and save 50c. YOU made the decision you use that service. Not ebay and not anyone here. You could have chosen another option. Take responsibility for the choice YOU made.

Just curious, given you were trying to save 50c on postage by being "forced" by ebay to use Sendle, were you going to pocket that 50c, or refund the buyer?

Can't wait to see how your chain goes through the mail in an envelope, given it's been removed from the box "to save on postage". 

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

seadweller007
Community Member

Another example of eBay ripping off their sellers .

They need to fix it and reimburse you.

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply