SENDLE what is going on in Victoria ?

I have used Sendle with good results so far  , Ive  been dropping off parcels at the local Repco store (collection Hub) until recently advised by store manager they are no longer  processing parcels  .So i booked my next mail out as pick ups.  I have now 7 parcels sitting at my front door been there for 3 days  . I checked the tracking this morning and all have "attempted pick up unsucessful . There is no way to contact Sendle cant find any links on eBay ,not sure how to cancel and resend with Aust post ..Thanks

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: SENDLE what is going on in Victoria ?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Lockdown is going on in Victoria.....or hadn't you hard.

Going by Fastway's previous record I would just go with AP...it could not be any worse.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Google Sendle and send a message - they say they are still operating, but with delays

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Yes i have heard we are in lock down , but there are still courier companies operating  anyhow  thanks for your advise

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Melbourne to Melbourne in 26 days via Strathfield NSW and maybe Perth for good measure!
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Sendle uses Fastway which is a courier company we refuse to deal with due to their total unreliability.

As an aside, but to demonstrate how useless Fastway are, unknowing to us a company we purchased from last week sent via Fastway - total disaster. 

Tracking yesterday a.m. said onboard for delivery (a week after sent from Brisbane to Melb. metro).  1:00pm tracking showed "unable to deliver", after 30 minutes online chat informed us driver claimed the delivery address did not exist.  Not bad considering the address is 8km from the city and the house has been here 98 years. 

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Had a similar thing from Fastway

'Address does not exist'

Granted, this house has only been here since the 1960's 

Seems to be a go to excuse for bs service 

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Had a similar thing from Fastway

'Address does not exist'

Granted, this house has only been here since the 1960's 

Seems to be a go to excuse for bs service 

It could well be legit.

Given that Aramex use the 'cheapest price' as a business model, that would indicate that they don't pay their contractors much to deliver, thus attracting those drivers who've leased a van but aren't competent enough to contract to a decent company, thus it is entirely possible that the drivers can't find the address, thus they cover their bums by claiming it doesn't exist. Aramex don't seem to have any quality control in place, so they would take the drivers' word for it.

After all, Google street view hasn't been around for that long. Street directories...

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I use Sendle reguarly, and   prefer them over Aus post.  All my parcels have been picked up, and delivered the next day within Melb metro area.  I find when booking with Sendle, and couriers please are being used,  they are much better than Fastway couriers. I have no complaints during  lockdown using the Sendles service, as for Aus post.........I don't have too many good words about them during this pandemic, they have cost me quite a bit of money for items taking 3 months to be delivered, or lost in transit!

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Not sure why you think Auspost are any better at the moment. All my parcels are taking in excess of 2 plus weeks to get anywhere, even one from 30K's away took 2 and a half weeks.

Not sure if you noticed there is a pandemic happening
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply