SHAME ON YOU EBAY!! For stealing people's money....

absolutely disgusted by ebays lack of process and consistency.     Had one buyer open a case because the item was still in transit then escalated it.    Of course ebay gave refund.  3 days later the tracking showed the item delivered.  We opened an appeal but ebay claims that they can not refund because the case was closed!!!     I asked them where does it say in your policy that you can not grant the appeal on that reason.   There was no reply!!  outrages much!!.

This is all the info found about appeals on ebay; " Here's what we found for "Appealing a decision on a case as a seller"

If you're unhappy with a decision on a case, you can appeal within 30 days of the case being closed.

You'll need to provide new information in your appeal, which may include:

Tracking details showing the buyer received the item. If the item sold for more than $750, signature confirmation is required.
Photos and/or documents showing the item matches the listing description
Proof the buyer received a refund before the case was closed"
Copied from your site.

No use trying to contact ebay as all you get is different agent from phil who will give you generic responses.

Ebay post estimated postage times generically.  They do not correspond to reality at all.  Each country is different.   While some services get to UK or USA in 10day  , others need more than 4 weeks due to poor customs service.  We advised them of that and ebay’s response was that the dates are set by Australia Post, not them.   Its an absolute nightmare each time a parcel does not get there within the time ebay estimated,  it is deemed late.  Or buyers assign blame to us not knowing that we do not post these date nor we have any control over them.    Long story short ebay post estimated dates and when parcels not delivered by these date they make the sellers pay for it.  God forbid should  ebay take responsibility for anything.!!

Enjoy ebay your monopoly in the market.  It won’t last for ever!  As soon as amazon or a new comers opens up we are so out of there!

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

yeah this is what worries me, and the reason our large ticket items are pay on pick up. i  just dont trust this new no fault thing. 

i actually hads a dispute a couple of months back, and i was granted a full refund, item and delivery, because the seller refused to take the item back, i got heaps of nasty messages, and yet i still managed to get her address and i sent the item back at my cost. it really was falsly advertised. 

i did leave a neg for an item recently that was just no where near the advertised size, bought from the UK, to much post for me to return, so i lost my money. no more overseas clothes for me unless dirt cheap for what it is. trust gone. 

seems that overseas sellers get more protection, or is it bigger sellers? 

this whole blackmail thing has left me only selling small cheap items (shoes that dont fit etc,) on here now, apart form the big pick up only stuff. 

do they realize they are scaring people off?

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

i am not asking for more than my money for item i sent and was recieved in good order buy the buyer.  Both the buyer and ebay are thiefs.

even ebay got the fees for the transaction.  while i loose it all!  what kind of business is this!  in what world this is right!

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

have you rung ebay?
i have found every time i have rung ebay, providing i am 100% in the right, they fix it straight away. if you have proof of delivery, they will reverse the claim. why wouldnt they?i cant see why they found in their favour in the first place. did you reply to the first claim? if they escalate the claim, ebay ask you for tracking info, if you provide it, why would the case be closed in their favour? that doesnt make sense.
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Be interesting to see what the buyer says if you send off a message to him.

"I noticed the item is now delivered, are you happy with the item?"

If they truly didn't received it they would respond.

image host
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Of course i messaged 3 or 4 times .  I sent a paypal request for the money.  No response.  

Don't expect to get one because he was rude from the start and did not want to wait or even believe the item was sent.  Scammer all the way!   I hope karma hits and may he or his kids NOT ever enjoy the toy!

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

If you have invoiced the buyer for payment through paypal, send them a message

to say that now that tracking has shown the item is delivered, they have

48 hours to pay or you will be reporting them to ACORN for on-line fraud.

If they don't pay, then do it.   

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

garrcc
Community Member

Can you report buyer to the fraud squad if they do not return your money - i see it as theft????

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Yes, ACORN has been set up to deal with all matters of online alleged crimes or scams.

ACORN - https://www.acorn.gov.au/

image host
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

lol....i am reporting ebay!

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply