Safe drop

Hi,I have sold items in the past fortnight and when I check tracking it says delivered by Safe Drop what exactly does this mean has the item been delivered or is at PO waiting to be collected.I apologise in advance if this has been discussed before,I must have missed it.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Safe drop

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is a new feature of the AP tracking.....it means that the item has been safe dropped at the address rather than taken to a PO if it would not fit in the post box..

I had a parcel where the tracking showed that it had been safe dropped and it was indeed in the place that I have always used for safe dropped parcels.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Safe drop

Does the person buying the item have to register for this service or is it just done automatically.If they just leave it there as a seller do we have any recourse if someone takes it,is there any proof it has been delivered.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Safe drop

@jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

Does the person buying the item have to register for this service or is it just done automatically.If they just leave it there as a seller do we have any recourse if someone takes it,is there any proof it has been delivered.

No there is no proof of delivery but AusPost consider this as delivered so if a buyer says they did not receive it or it is stolen by either a passerby or the postie,it is still considered delivered you are considered responsible. The only way to stop this is pay for a signature so basically to get AusPost to actually do the job of delivering a parcel it will cost an extra $2.95. I am changing to using a courier 

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Safe drop

I have always been registered for Safe Dropping but I have not done anything recently.

Last week was the first time that message has ever been seen in the tracking.

The proof would be in the fact that the parcel is shown to have been safe dropped...it has not just disappeared into thin air.

Was your item supposed to be tracked or SOD?  Maybe that would make a difference?

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Safe drop

There is about 7 items all have tracking and show up as Safe Drop and this has only happened in the past week.
Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Safe drop

I recall there was some talk on this forum last week about AP delivery workers taking photos of parcels they have safe dropped, as proof it was delivered.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Safe drop

It has not started yet as far as I know.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Safe drop

@love_of_cars wrote:

I recall there was some talk on this forum last week about AP delivery workers taking photos of parcels they have safe dropped, as proof it was delivered.

The post that was on here said that was for SoD parcels so want apply to normal parcels they will just be left

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Safe drop

Update on my parcels that had been safe dropped, one now says in tracking that it has been redirected to Chullora I msg the buyer and they said they never received it.I have a registered one that only had to go from Newcastle to Sydney and it is now after 5 days in Sunshine West,Vic with another one that was addressed to Qld.I can see defects coming for late delivery.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply