We Need To Laugh

Woman Happy

It is very rarely that something truly funny happens on eBay...but read on....

Because of the glitch in the system, causing "Zoom" function not to work....I inserted a listing asking buyers to click into sellers "Shops" to try and enlarge the pics.

Well, someone purchased the listing, paid the $1.01 and now is causing havoc trying to get me to post her her purchase !! @@  ##

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

So I refunded her purchase, emailed her, explained what she had done...end of story...YES....NO

She purchased the relisted information listing....so another refund, blocked buyer list....and on we go.

Now she is sending me fake emails from eBay warning me to respond to her claim or else!!!

So it is not all gloom and doom for some...out there, in the world, there are folks having fun by themselves...yee hah

Happy eBaying everyone

....karen

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

We Need To Laugh

Oh dear, I'd remove the picture if I was you

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

We Need To Laugh

Rueful should have just priced the listing at $1,000,000.00.

If the idiot wants to buy it she could then afford to actually produce the tea-set

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

We Need To Laugh

@ruefulroo wrote:

As the buyer is insisting on receiving her purchase, I am sending a copy of the actual eBay listing via post....I would love to be there when she opens the envelope....when she has been waiting for a parcel.!!

Obviously it was not my intention to mislead or deceive, but it appears I have done just that....the Road to Hell is Paved With Good Intentions, so I guess I am going to Hell

not hell, but I think a negative will come your way when the envelope arrives.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

We Need To Laugh

it's in your sold items

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply

We Need To Laugh

If you have blocked her, then she won't be able to bid/buy from you.

But because she has 'bought' from you, she is able to send messages.

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

We Need To Laugh

Oh dear, I'd remove the picture if I was you
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

We Need To Laugh

Unfortunately I cannot insert the listing without a pic...and as it is in teapots and trios, thought it would be appropriate...I now think the "Fruit Loop" is not so soggy, and is trying to pressure me into supplying the teaset...Not going to happen.

I will leave it up until the weekend, then remove it.

It is just that my sales have dropped at least 70% without the zoom, and I am really running on fumes at the moment, if I don't get some decent sales, might have to chuck in the towel.

Thanks for responding...it was your tip that made me think about inserting the information listing....so thanks or not, we shall see

Karen

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

We Need To Laugh

what tip? I think you should remove the whole listing

1) you're not selling anything
2) you have a price on it
3 ) it's misleading
4) it's already cost you fees in doing refunds??
5) I'm almost certain it's against the selling policy
Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

We Need To Laugh

Rueful should have just priced the listing at $1,000,000.00.

If the idiot wants to buy it she could then afford to actually produce the tea-set

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

We Need To Laugh

Why don't you just put a link in your blurb (on each listing) that directs buyers to go into your store?

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

We Need To Laugh

dazzle, you are spot on!

But even as a listing as is, for a dollar - it's perfectly fine and not mis leading at all. Didn't mis lead me in the slightest as I can read!

And a picture is very apropriate, as it showcase the nature of this seller's merchandise.

And what rules is it against (some bright spart mentioned it here how it was against the rules).

Seller's store, seller's rules - Ebay surely can't dictate to people how to do listings. One thing is to try and sell what you don't have - but sorry - this listing wasn't even making a pretence of selling anything - it was information only.

I tell ya peeps, human greed just knows no bounds! Get that set for a dollar?????????????

On ya OP - for trying to help!

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

We Need To Laugh

Oh P--p, I missed a chance at a good sale....silly me.

You wouldn't believe the rocking horse manure this person is sending, the message from eBay that I thought was fake, was real, so I replied to it, and they replied to me that they were unable to intervene....good, I didn't want them to.

As the buyer is insisting on receiving her purchase, I am sending a copy of the actual eBay listing via post....I would love to be there when she opens the envelope....when she has been waiting for a parcel.!!

Obviously it was not my intention to mislead or deceive, but it appears I have done just that....the Road to Hell is Paved With Good Intentions, so I guess I am going to Hell

And by the way, eBay informs me that there is no "Glitch" in the system, relating to the zoom feature on pics not working...phew, glad to hear that, so I thought I should share

Bye for now,

........karenWoman Sad

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

We Need To Laugh

It is most certainly against policy and could see the OP's account restricted, if reported.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-no-item.html

listing.PNG

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply