Sales Down Over Long Weekend?

Has anyone experienced lack of sales because of this long weekend? I had a listing with 16 watchers.Not 1 bid.My price was good.

Is this a downward trend where sales are dropping on ebay? Should I relist the piano and run it so that the listing ends over the next weekend?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

for me personally sales have been down ever since the introduction of this bias defect system

I am not sure which will see the end of my trading on ebay first

lack of sales or

defects given by buyers who dont read descriptions and seem to think that I am in some way responsible for the amount of time Australia Posts takes to deliver the item

I sell on other platforms and places and have at least been selling, ebay though has been very dormant

good luck selling your piano

maybe try quicksales ... its free to list and no fees charged on sales

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

for me personally sales have been down ever since the introduction of this bias defect system

I am not sure which will see the end of my trading on ebay first

lack of sales or

defects given by buyers who dont read descriptions and seem to think that I am in some way responsible for the amount of time Australia Posts takes to deliver the item

I sell on other platforms and places and have at least been selling, ebay though has been very dormant

good luck selling your piano

maybe try quicksales ... its free to list and no fees charged on sales

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Yesterday was my best day EVER. My phone was going nuts with 'bid received' notifications all day. I was expecting it to be quiet being a long weekend, but has been the complete opposite.

You have to remember, it's not a long weekend in all states, so for quite a few buyers, it's business as normal.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks for the quicksales idea.I didnt no it existed.And thank you for the advice.

I guess its luck of the draw on what you're selling.If people are buying those it will sell.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Thats great news that you are getting a lot of replies.It gives me hope.Its only SA,Qld,Act and Vic that have the long weekend.Maybe there are just a lot of frugal people around or just dreamers who cant afford thing but still looking.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

It's a long weekend in NSW as well 🙂

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@austmagz wrote:

Thats great news that you are getting a lot of replies.It gives me hope.Its only SA,Qld,Act and Vic that have the long weekend.Maybe there are just a lot of frugal people around or just dreamers who cant afford thing but still looking.

It is not a long weekend in Victoria.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I a not selling well any day.Once  I used to be able to use funds fro Ebay sales to help me through a month but not now.Ebay is for all the big bussiness now..I have tried everything to get sales.Been a member since 2001 so believe I know a lot about selling on Ebay.I will give up soon.Thank goodness for free listings.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I understand how you feel.Its happening to me.

I havent had many items for sale lately.I've been selling musical equipment.This time I get a lot of watchers and nothing happened.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Over the past week or so we have been seeing what we would like to think is the beginning of the Xmas rush.

Our sales have definitely been on an upward trend.

Even this long weekend was pretty decent.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply