Sales Down in Australia - Increased International Sales? Server issues?

tstore
Community Member
Interesting to have heard from other sellers that there have been next to no sales from 28th-1st March. Over last two days just 2 items have sold which is unheard off for us

In addition, we have had more than usual international sales to Europe. I think there is an issue with the eBay servers or have something to do with the Seller Dashboard being upgraded.

Basically eBay taps have been turned off. Interested in other seller's experiences over this weekend?
Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Sales Down in Australia - Increased International Sales? Server issues?

Datsun 180B? I thought they were the noisy rustbuckets with the garish colour schemes like bright orange and poo brown... IIRC the 1600 was the collectible one (and the 120Y was the one which could lose a drag at the lights to a loaded truck, get overtaken by a bus on a hill, and struggle to retain 100 on the freeway, the latter being in 4th and >4000 rpm).
Message 71 of 77
Latest reply

The 180B had the two door SSS Coupe. They are like gold now.

Message 72 of 77
Latest reply

I just remember a neighbour's orange station wagon back in the 90s. The SSS was the Japanese import with the IRS wasn't it, IIRC only the sedans and wagons (with solid rear axle) were built here. Unless I'm thinking the 200B...
Message 73 of 77
Latest reply

I wonder if those couple of 260z's I have sitting in the back yard are worth anything?

Message 74 of 77
Latest reply

I am. suffering loss of sales also. I also know the cause.It is that stupid  decision to stop 3 day,7 day and 10 day buy now listings.

They are now replaced by "good till cancelled" listings or auction listings.

For example ,I have been selling the same line at the same price for quite some time now. Despite no competition on price, my sales have decreased alarmingly simply becauuse there is no interest when listings still have quite a period to go.There is no urgency of action required by the buyers.

When I was selling on 7 day listings I was selling 300 % more on the same item.

To me this "good till cancelled " is a deliberate ploy to drive sales down so that sellers will be encouraged to promote their items thus deriving more income for Ebay. BRING BACK THE 3,7, and 10 DAY BUY NOW LISTINGS. 

Message 75 of 77
Latest reply

I doubt the forced change to GTC was relevant 5 years ago, when this thread was actually current.

Message 76 of 77
Latest reply

Yes, Just noticed this thread was  some time ago. What I need to do Is start a new thread as lower sales is a relevant situation right now. Will get opinions on the "Good till cancelled" change.. Thanks for your post.

Message 77 of 77
Latest reply