Sales are up. Anybody else?

According to my stats, my sales are up 28% from this time last year.

Anybody else having a good year?

Lessons learned from the last 2 years of having this shop:

1) Sell what people want.

2) Give them outstanding and prompt customer service, even if it means you lose a few dollars here and there

3) Don't be afraid to price above average and stand by the quality of your product (esp. handmade)

4) Don't be scared to say no to a buyer who wants you to knock off massive amounts because they want more than 2 items. A small reduction is reasonable, but I point out that I buy my fabric at retail price, not wholsale, I'm not a charity and I don't work for free.

5) Diversify. I now have 3 online shops and the additional revenue streams are good and growing.

On the downside:

1) I have to stop working 7 days a week. 

LOL

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Sales are up. Anybody else?

You can hardly blame ebay for the Netflix Tax.....that is an initiative of the Australian Government.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

No such luck here. Sales pitifully slow. I'm only selling half of what was normal  3-10 years ago.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

My sales were up ..... Now my sales are down.... VERY slow weekend & start to this week! No sales!!! Anyone else had a quiet , say, last 5 days?

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

According to my stats, my sales are up 28% from this time last year.

There are 3 types of Lies -    Lies, dam lies and .......statistics. 

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Sales have dropped 90% since the best match scam came into effect. 
It is impossible to ever improve sales with the system Ebay now has in our particular section anyway.
Especially, when protected sellers have hundreds of negatives removed automatically by Ebay so as not to change their preferred seller status.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Me. I consistently have a sale or two every day or two. Nothing since the 26th, it's very odd.
Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

This thread explains partly to me what has happened to my sales, they first went down by 50% starting from around April , no idea why , and now it's got to be 80% down. I have updated and changed listings etc. Not worth the work it takes anymore to do this , or the money it costs as well. Glad I found these posts at least I know it's not just me now.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Same here !! Always have some sales every few days at least.... then nothing since the 26th!! too I think! (or 25-27th).... mmmmh! wonder whats happened?

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply