Sales down dramatically

Hi is anyone else experienceing a dramatic decrease in sales? I changed my listing to "free postage" by incorporating the shipping into the price and that is the only thing I have done differently.

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Sales down dramatically

My sales have been declining as the week has progressed. Only three sales yesterday and one today. I,m down 40% on my long term average this week and it seems to be getting worse. Hope its just another one of the usual ups and downs we seem to get on ebay. The auction listings I have put up with the freebies are attracting some interest and bids so hoping to pick up some usefull sales there.

Message 2 of 64
Latest reply

Sales down dramatically

My sales are really low. It's very worrying to me. I don't know what to do to increase them again. Not enjoying selling on ebay as much as I used to ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 3 of 64
Latest reply

Sales down dramatically

one of the financial gurus on the tv was saying that since the Abbott Budget was announced, retail sales have slumped and following on from that many of the major retailers Share Prices have dropped.

so its not just ebay, its an aussie wide financial slump in consumer confidence

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 64
Latest reply

Sales down dramatically

I think it's across the whole retail spectrum also. Folks are worried about EOFY, taxes, budget cuts etc. I certainly hope it picks up ? 

Message 5 of 64
Latest reply

Sales down dramatically

Yup.  I was selling heaps ...then Ebay put thier  prices up and Australia post put thier price up and its like someone has turned off a switch.

I think that ebay has  priced itself  out of business. It was hard enough to make a dollar before but now ...its just not possible. I have already closed my store. Such a shame because I really like selling here.

Message 6 of 64
Latest reply

Sales down dramatically

Yippee I can give up ebay and retire now. Just sold my second item for the day !!!!!.  I took the missus out to our local for schnitzel night last night. Usually the place is packed but it was deserted last night. Not sure if that answers all of our questions but it was noticable.

Message 7 of 64
Latest reply

Sales down dramatically

king9017
Community Member

Maybe it's because all the physical retailers (and also online stores) are having End Of Financial Year / mid-year sales and this is competing with eBay? 

Message 8 of 64
Latest reply

Sales down dramatically

We have been down badly for the past 6-months. Up to 90% down!

Just earlier this week it looked like picking back up again with some good increases in sales.

But towards the end of the week has gone back down again.

We are trying some EOFY sales too but that does not seem to be making any difference.

But I agree it looks like its across the board, not just on ebay.

Our Chinese suppliers in our particular category are telling us that their sales across the globe are well down.

Message 9 of 64
Latest reply

Sales down dramatically

In addition, the bargains are hard to find on eBay now.

With all the extra costs involved for sellers, most prices have risen (as is to be expected and understood) - a seller has to make some money despite what eBay and Aus Post seem to think.

Retail is defnitely in a bad way, but many of the larger retailers are importing their own stock now, cutting out the middle man (the importer/destributor) and enabling them to offer very competitive pricing.

On top of that 90% of large retailers also have websites to their own on line stores and as such have access to the bulk posting rates that are offered by AP.

The day of the individual on line seller is sadly coming to an end I think.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 10 of 64
Latest reply