Sales on my eBay shop have dropped over 70%. I cant seem to find out why?

I have been selling on eBay for over 8 years. In the past 12 months l have been averaging between $500 - $900 per week. 

In the past month it has dropped over 70% and l can't see why.

I cannot find anyone from eBay customer service who can help me on this.

How can l have over 500,000 impressions & not sell anything over a 10 day period, when before l was averaging 1 sale a day.

Can anyone help me?

Andrew

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

I can't help you in that I keep my fish in a pond and don't eat them. However I can offer an observation. I very much suspect the constant economic news telling people not to spend has something to do with current drop in sales for many sellers.

Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

Many possible reasons.  You are getting impressions so your ads are being seen.  so the options.

1.   Another seller has better pricing.

2.  Over inflated prices.

3.  People just don't want your stuff

4.  Economic conditions

5. Etc, etc, etc

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

Hey guy, it's just the economy.  Same with me - buyers I usually have from all around the world on eBay and my website have gone missing the past few weeks and I'm really having to push my marketing to get any kind of interest in my artworks.

We hear in the news that people are spending mostly on essentials since the price of bread went from 95c to $2.40 in just a couple of years.  Many are also switching from preferred brands to cheaper home brand stuff so they can pay their increased energy bills and entertainment subscription services.

But........ you go to shopping centres here in VIC and they are so packed with people.  Was at DFO to find my son a new pair of shoes and there were so many people buying big new luggage bags for their international holidays.  Every single shop had people in all the isles and so many cars were double-parked outside, yet we are told that spending is down.  It doesn't make sense.

I see you sell fishing stuff.  I guess my own experience would relate to that.  On the weekend we looked at planning our December holiday away with the kids but were shocked to see accommodation prices in the thousands with a minimum of 3 nights required.  So now we're not going away.  Road trips maybe, but not a multi-day traditional resort holiday this year.

Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

My sales have spiked over the last week.

Maybe people are deciding to stay at home and read a book rather than going fishing. A title I would love to have.

Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

It's warming up a bit now but the last couple of weeks the weather down south has been seriously cold. Not the weather to think about going fishing. 

Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

@etb321 wrote:

It's warming up a bit now but the last couple of weeks the weather down south has been seriously cold. Not the weather to think about going fishing. 

If by down south you mean Melbourne,  we have had one of our warmer winters for a long time.  

And besides a serious fisher person like a serious golf person doesnt let weather deter them.

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

Some warmer times but also some extremely chilly times…

It’s a long time since I’ve gone fishing. I think I was put off when my father insisted he’d caught a gummy shark and I could see clearly that it was a stingray.

Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

I didn't think about the cold!  It's been sooo cold here in VIC for weeks and weeks.

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

$160 before fees in sales in 1 week - WOW , dave's rockin ebay!

Congrats Sir!

Who said albo has wrecked the joint - sales going gangbusters, dude!

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply