Sales slump from 1 September 2014

Has anyone notices a drop in sales since 1 Septmber? Quite strange, as my sales have been progressivly going up each month since last year & since 1 September, its dropped horendously.. strange.  Anyone notice the same?

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Sales slump from 1 September 2014

yes its the exact same for me..Usually from sept til christmas im going along nicely with a sale here & thier but last 2 weeks have been weird..Hardly any watchers also on a few things..Trying to work out reasons behind slow sales...thinking peoples rates..school hollidays & showtime coming up in victoria..ummm.really not sure why

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

Yup same here. Its been strange for a while for me. Seem to get one or 2 sales over 2 weeks them wham bam ...heaps for a couple of days then back to one or 2 for a week or 2 then ......

Got me stuffed. If I get heaps again next week (end of the 2 week cycle) then I am calling shinnagins !!!!

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

Yes I have experienced the same - I am currently having the worst sales I have ever had since I opened my store. Whilst not a huge amount I went from making approx $1000 a week in sales to last week selling less than $200 worth. I am wondering if it has to do with Google Panda as my listings used to be very visible on Google but now I am no where to be seen. I am not quite sure what is wrong with my listings and have been reading everything I can to see what I can do to make a change.

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

i'm the same... One sale only! it's very sad! 

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

My 'sales slump' has been quite a bit more long-standing than just since the beginning of Sept.

I guess that's probably due to a range of factors. I will have to seriously review my pricing because, though I believe for the items I'm selling the prices are reasonable, even bargains, buyers are not so impressed !!

Other factors play their part and many of them beyond my control. One of those factors is the FVF on postage !!

I am still prepared for the moment to relist at a price that I believe my items are worth when things don't sell especially while I can relist with no insertion fees, but if things don't pick up soon, I will have to have another rethink !!

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

22 in 14 days.

Pretty much average.

So, no.

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

My sales are way down too. Only 8 so far this month 😞

I have been thinking that it may be because I refuse to use eBay's suggestions e.g. 30 day returns, free postage, etc., etc. I sell clothing and am not really prepared to have someone buy something from me, wear it, and then ask for a refund. 30 days??? Buyers know there's no such thing as free postage. So who does eBay think they're kidding. By the time postage is added to the price it's too expensive and no one is interested in buying something that is overpriced. So what do we do? Do I do what eBay recommends I do or go along as I am and sell nothing?

What do others think?

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

my suggestion is have a 30 day return policy, but based on terms & conditions, such as:

1. in the event you send something completely different to what they have purchased, and
  2. its damaged on arrival

that way you've satisfied both ebays requirement of 30 day return, but its limited to the above 2 dot points!

I agree re the postage, it overinflates the price.. and we all know post in Australia is dear as poison!

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

None of my listings attract the Premium Seller tag. Or whatever it's called. But I still sell.

Maybe quality products at good prices and reasonable delivery times work?

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply