Sales stopped since latest update ??

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else has had their sales drop or stop since the latest updates??  It is like my shop has been turned off which has never happened in all my years on eBay, it is really weird, any suggestions would be appreciated Woman Very Happy

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Me too, dead in the water.    Although it does happen every time ebay have a software change.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Dead in the water here also. Just a full switch off since about two weeks ago. Is that when the update happenned?

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Add me to the dead as company!

My sales have more or less stopped for this month.

I am not sure of any suggestions which would help.  It seems to happening to quite a few of us and we , I am assuming, sell different items.

Either it is new soft ware causing any problems or the electricity bill hasn't been paid and the lights have been turned off.

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

It may have had something to do with people being unable to sign in if they were using the Internet Explorer browser.

I was unable to sign in since the last update happened, but was able to do so using Firefox.

I contacted ebay and was told that a lot of people had contacted them about the sign in problems with IE

and was told they were working on it.

Earlier today the problem seems to have been fixed because I was able to sign in using IE.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Something is definitely not happening as it should.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

@travlyn2012 wrote:

Earlier today the problem seems to have been fixed because I was able to sign in using IE.

I haven't used IE since I joined because of the known problems on eBay with it, I only use Firefox (with an adblocker) and Chrome (mainly for the boards).

I would have thought that anyone who uses the boards would have been aware of the problems with using IE - and not just with eBay, and the fact that it hasn't been supported by eBay for many years now. Though I guess many members wouldn't be aware of that.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

This article was posted to a seller group on Facebook - it's an interesting read.

eBay Growth Turns Negative

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

I use IE more than I use Firefox, have never had a problem using it on ebay.

What I have noticed is that IE pages load quicker and if I upload a photo it is quicker than Firefox.

When I contacted ebay they said they had been inudated with people not being able to sign in with IE,

(guess a lot still use IE)

and were asking for email addresses so they could added to the list of complaints.

Hope that it was the reason for the slow sales that members have mentioned.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Sales not great but still have lots of views and watchers added. I'm thinking more it to be an outside ebay issue: a reluctance to buy.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply