Screenshot youre probably going to need...

saarzi
Community Member

... since Im not sure Ebay is bright enough to put two and two together.

And all the post offices within 1 1/2 hours of me (Im in the country) were also closed on all weekends and the 31st - I drove to them to check today. I guess Ill have to prove that too.

auspost1.jpg

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Since Ebay don't read the boards and very few buyers do I am not sure what your post is meant to achieve. Most, if not all sellers know their post days over the holidays. Ebay doesn't care that you may get pinged for late post.

Latest reply

But the SELLERS who are getting auto-defected have proof from AP's website that they are not in fact at fault.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Huh?  Why on Earth would I want Ebay or buyers to read this post? Lol

This is a screenshot of the Auspost xmas / new years open days and delivery times.

Ebay gives sellers DEFECTs for postage times that exceeds estimates on their sales. Historically, Ebay has not always automatically taken into account Aussie holidays / Auspost closed periods, or issues within Auspost impacting delivery times (like the recent WA train derailment), and sellers often have a hard time convincing Ebay that they are not at fault.

Sellers can use the screenshot to show Ebay that Auspost was closed for several days, therefore postage delays were out of their control, and have the defects removed. (the info might be removed from their website after new years, jhence the screenshot).

Sorry, I would have explained it better originally, I just didnt think it would be that hard to figure out.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Yes, that actual website info might be removed from the website once its no longer relevant, hence the screenshot.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

thank you Saarzi, most of us knew the reason for posting this.
Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

oh good.. I was starting to think I was speaking another language...lol

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

lol internet explorer

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

......... show eBay that Auspost was closed for several days, therefore postage delays were out of their control, and have the defects removed .........

It's not about it being hard to figure out, it's simply because these boards show many examples of eBay making a seller responsible for actions that are out of their control not matter what evidence is provided.  But if something like this can defuse that possibility, then it's good to know.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Wrong side of the bed this morning?

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply