Searching Location Issue

I have just been searching on some items and had zero results. 

Then I noticed my Search Location is set to "2km of my postcode" 

I change it and then it reverts back to it.

I have never noticed it before.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Searching Location Issue

Have not had this issue with search, my beef is that I have to reselect the same parametres every single time I search which is very, very annoying.

Have you tried clearing your browser history and cookies ?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Searching Location Issue

I have logged out and back in and now it has gone back to the Default location. 

Something else to get used to!  Changes that I hadn't been aware of.  

No wonder I wasn't getting any results when I searched, I was only searching in my town. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Searching Location Issue

@thecatspjs wrote:

Have not had this issue with search, my beef is that I have to reselect the same parametres every single time I search which is very, very annoying.

Have you tried clearing your browser history and cookies ?

AGREE!!! Extremely annoying that every time I want to do a search I have to customise the page to view 200 results. Each time I do a new search, it reverts back to 25. If I set it to 200, then look at a listing, then look at that sellers other items, it reverts back to 25 on their other items. 

It's pointless being able to customise if it won't hold the selection.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Searching Location Issue

The search defaulting back to the standard carp view each and every time you search is ironic given the carry-on by eBay of the importance of buyer experience

Well eBay you're off your own game and more defective than the rest of us combined 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Searching Location Issue

Have you tried clicking on "View" then "Customise" at the top right of the search results page to change your search parameters?

screenshot-01-09-13.png

This used to work perfectly until recently, and now it is all over the place. Sometimes it will hold the new parameters for several days, but at the moment my thumbnail size appears to be permanently stuck on medium. Beats me why eBay's programmers can't get it right, especially when it used to work fine. Now though, you never know what you're going to get from one day to the next, although at least it doesn't revert to 'Best Match' yet.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Searching Location Issue

That's what I (re) set every time I do a search. It holds the details, it holds the thumbnail size, it holds the sort order, but point blank refuses to hold items per page. It drives me nuts!!! I have my search order set to ending soonest. I'd be pretty miffed if it kept defaulting to best match. I HATE that search! By the time you get through it, the item you find that you want has ended.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Searching Location Issue

I'm kinda hoping that by the time eBay have finally finished stuffing about with their new search pages, they may eventually settle down into some semblance of usefulness. As always, however, I won't be holding my breath.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply