Sell to a specific buyer

Hi Everyone,

Many moons ago I bought some prepaid satchels of a seller who must have had a ebay store as they had all manner of satchels and post items.Not sure if I bid or the bundle was a buy it now or I inquired about a different bundle than the one listed but the seller sent me a sort of private listing with a buy it now. I accepted the BIN and got the bundle no problems.

Wondering if this is just a store owner option or can any seller do this? I am unable to ask the right question of the Ebay machine.

If it is possible where do I find the proceedure?

Thanks in anticipation

Irky

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Sell to a specific buyer

Anyone can 'revise' their items as long as there are no bids.....I often put up 'special listings' for individual buyers
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Simply start you listing heading  with  something like  SPECIAL ORDER, PRIVATE LISTING, BY ARRANGEMENT,  etc etc.  the wording is up to you.

In the item   description  I normaly put something like   IF YOU DID NOT ARRANGE THIS LISTING DO NOT BUY IT AS YOUR PURCHASE WILL BE CANCELLED.

when you complete your listing you will get a popup which includes a link to the listing, which you can copy and send to the intended purchaser, or alternatively you can just send them the listing number

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I usually set a ridiculously high BIN with make an offer. The selected buyer offers the agreed price and I accept. This stops other people buying. If somebody buys and pays for a BIN listed at the agreed price, you lose the Paypal fees when you cancel. Best to make sure nobody but the selected buyer can purchase.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for the help, I will keep the tips in my armoury untill the situation crops up again. Cheers

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

No worries.

Had one yesterday for 7 books and it went like clockwork.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply