Seller Performance was changed from Top Seller to Below Standard no warning

I enjoyed Top Seller status for long time but was downgraded two levels to "below standard" from one minute to the next. No warning. My eBay account manger didnt warn me either. The reason for this was that I received too many neutral feedbacks. Since when does that have influence on account? I received 5 neutral feedback and one negative feedback in the last 3 weeks or so. Noe of these left 1 ro 2's on DSR. Feedback score total 99.7%. After reviewing with my account manager, 3 of the neutral feedback qualified for removal and were removed. However my status is not changing until 30 days passed by. I think this is the most ridiculous system ebay has in place. Apparently it cannot be overridden by an ebay person, not even a top seller account manager. This is another big disappointment fro a 10 years ebay power seller like myself.,

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Seller Performance was changed from Top Seller to Below Standard no warning

If you look at your "seller dashboard" there is a warning one month in advance. It will say you are 'on track' for Top Rated next month or "at risk". You just need to look at it every now and then to see what's going on. The status clicks over on the 21st of every month. So if you look in there now it will tell you what rating you are "on track" for on the 21st of May. And in regards to your DSRs if you have under a certain amount of transactions it will use the ratings for the last 12 months, not the last 3 months, so you could have low 1s and 2s hanging around for ages. But you can run DSR reports in the seller dashboard as well to check how that's looking. Just by looking at your feedback I can see the stars for postage time and postage cost are looking a bit low so I'm guessing that is where the low ratings are that have affected you.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I was always on track. I am aware of the data in seller dashboard. I was always far lower than required at any moment in the last several months. This action is out of normal behavior from some kind of ebay monitoring system.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

1.16% 0.62% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0.81% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 1.69% 0.83% 0.00%
0.58% 0.00% 0.63% 0.00% 1.11% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 1.69% 0.00% 0.00%
1.16% 0.62% 0.63% 0.00% 0.56% 0.00% 0.81% 0.00% 0.51% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00%
0.00% 1.24% 0.63% 0.00% 0.00% 0.98% 0.81% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00%

these are my last 12 months low DSR's. All fine.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

To be Top rated you cannot go over .60 ? So why do you say they look fine?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I think you are looking at the requirements for "Above Standard" which are

Item as described 1.2

Communication 2.4

Postage Time 2.4

Postage cost 2.4

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I believe it is 06% average over last 3 months or 12 months (As you suggested)

Low detailed seller ratings
12 months: 01 May, 2012 - 30 Apr, 2013 Your performance
[ Show count ] Top-rated seller requirements Status
Item as described
0.26%
Communication 
0.26%
Postage time 
0.33%
Postage and handling charges 
0.33%

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I just had a quick look at some of your listings.  At the top of the listings under payment, it states Visa/MasterCard or cash on pick up.  Clicking on the "See Payment Information" section, nowhere on that list is Paypal offered.

However, as I had looked right through some of your listings, I was quite aware that you do offer Paypal, even if it is hiding second last at the bottom of a lot of other options. 

I can certainly understand that some people, and not necessarily newbies, will miss this information.

You are never fully dressed until you put a smile on your face.
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

no, I look at top rates. I discussed with my account manager already. All my requirement are met to be "top rated". It is this other background check system which disqualified me and locks me down for 30 days. I had passed the review date again on the 20th anyway, but it didnt lift restrictions.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Oops, I meant to mention that the Paypal information was in relation to one of your negs.

You are never fully dressed until you put a smile on your face.
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply