Seller protections related to the New South Wales bushfires

In the wake of the devastating bushfires in New South Wales our Seller Protection team has been working behind the scenes to put in place plans to assist our members impacted by these tragic event.

Please be assured that any low Ship Time Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs) left for sellers will be automatically removed from transactions directly impacted by the fires. We will also message buyers during the feedback flow to remind them that the item may have been delayed and to be patient and considerate of the seller’s situation.

If you require more information or support you can of course contact Customer Support.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Seller protections related to the New South Wales bushfires

ermm that's all well and good but shipping times are not meant to be rating on australia post performance anyway. which is just another reason the detailed seller rating are stupid as buyers rate us on this. if you want to do sellers a favour have a look at changing the wording so sellers are rated on the time they lodge the item.
Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Couldn't agree more !!! To be rated on the inefficiency of Australia Post or any other carrier for that matter in failing to deliver in a reasonable period of time which is completely out of the control of the sender is simply unfair.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Oh yes, that would be good, but I think what the OP is saying is that for those of us who weren't able to post on time because of the fires ebay will remove any unfavourable DSRs - Certainly that was the case for me. In fact I had to close my store for 2... or was it 3 days. I can't remember. But it wasn't a cheery time.

Just nice to see ebay doing its bit for the sellers who were impacted by the fires - and there would have been some much worse off then me and the fires are still burning  - from my place I can still see three fires one to the west, one to the north and one to the north east - all close enough to make things a little uncomfortable.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

What about for letters sent from Geelong some of which are now being sent to Dandenong to be sorted due to Aus post staff shortages.

Post a letter in Geelong, gets taken to Dandenong to be sorted, then go's back to Geelong and is then delivered!

I have several letters being delayed, had my postage time take a hit, getting people ask me if i have posted yet when i post the same day or next if the mail has left.

It's not even the Xmas rush yet and Aus post are having trouble delivering mail on time!

Google: Geelong mail delays

-- A
Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

I suspect the NSW bushfires are not relevant in your case.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

If that is the case then why several weeks ago when I questioned possible delays and low DSRs related to such cases I was given a standard response. What a load of rubbush you guys put out. The pressure is on I guess. Sorry to everyone affected by the bushfires.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Is this going to be extended to buyers because they might have problems paying for items and it would be a shame if they get non payer strikes?

I'm just curious and I am not affected in any way by the fires (except for incredible smoke pollution).
Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

It's also moronic that eBay holds sellers accountable for Austpost's absurdly high postage rates... maybe they should start hiring grownups.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

What if an item was smoke damaged by bushfires,

I contact buyer and cancel sale.

Buyer then leaves negative feedback for me.

Ebay then says they cant help me and change negative feedback.

Thanks

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply