Seller protections related to the New South Wales bushfires

In the wake of the devastating bushfires in New South Wales our Seller Protection team has been working behind the scenes to put in place plans to assist our members impacted by these tragic event.

Please be assured that any low Ship Time Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs) left for sellers will be automatically removed from transactions directly impacted by the fires. We will also message buyers during the feedback flow to remind them that the item may have been delayed and to be patient and considerate of the seller’s situation.

If you require more information or support you can of course contact Customer Support.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Seller protections related to the New South Wales bushfires

criten
Community Member

As someone living in the Blue Mountains, there were shipping delays related to the bushfires?! News to me. Aussie Post never closed here? Neither did the delivery centres? Neither did they advise of any shipping delays? The main arteries remained open.

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Yeah!   I am also sick of being rated on Austraia Posts slow mailing performance, expecially when I can get my Orders from the Usa & China in 4 days - yet (I am in Tassie), and I cannot get a parcel to anywhere in Australia in that amount of time (Express Post being the exception)...Standard Parcel Delivery is estimated 2-6 days but this takes anywhere from 2-10 days from date of Lodgement - henceforth BAD FEEDBACK...TOTALLY UNFAIR SYSTEM FOR SELLER>>> 

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

This relates to the bushfires in NSW several weeks ago, how?

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

Perhaps, just perhaps, we can show some compassion on how the seller may get to the PO after their car burnt down, or house for that matter. What would the delay be if they actually packed the item, addressed it and could not get to the PO due to being in one of the shelters. Imagine! Hmmmm! Maybe! 

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

I have houses in the Blue Mountains (Lithgow & Katoomba) and am really upset about a harridan of a client who purchased a $7 top during the fires and supplied me with an old address,  SHE HAD NOT UPDATED HER EBAY DETAILS TO HER NEW ADDRESS AND CONSEQUENTLY ORDER DETAILS WERE WRONG & PARCEL WAS SENT TO HER OLD ADDRESS.  She didn't receive it & it was not returned to sender and for a dispute was opened which I won.  WHY THEN have I received negative feedback months later which has ruined my 100% positive feedback when there is suppose to be a monetorium on mail problems relating to the fires period.   I ALSO THOUGHT YOU COULDN'T RECEIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WHEN YOU WIN A DISPUTE let-alone the fact that I am living in the fire affected areas,  People all around me have lost everything and she is do this scam over a $7 top.  I have requested FEEDBACK LIFT but have a lack of trust that Ebay even cares (none of their policies seem to work).  

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

@sloanranger62 wrote:

I have houses in the Blue Mountains (Lithgow & Katoomba) and am really upset about a harridan of a client who purchased a $7 top during the fires and supplied me with an old address,  SHE HAD NOT UPDATED HER EBAY DETAILS TO HER NEW ADDRESS AND CONSEQUENTLY ORDER DETAILS WERE WRONG & PARCEL WAS SENT TO HER OLD ADDRESS.  She didn't receive it & it was not returned to sender and for a dispute was opened which I won.  WHY THEN have I received negative feedback months later which has ruined my 100% positive feedback when there is suppose to be a monetorium on mail problems relating to the fires period.   I ALSO THOUGHT YOU COULDN'T RECEIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WHEN YOU WIN A DISPUTE let-alone the fact that I am living in the fire affected areas,  People all around me have lost everything and she is do this scam over a $7 top.  I have requested FEEDBACK LIFT but have a lack of trust that Ebay even cares (none of their policies seem to work).  

All due respect, but it doesn't sound like this issue relates to the bushfires at all, in that they didn't prevent or delay postage or delivery, nor really affect the transaction, which is what the protections referred to in the OP are meant to be for...

Winning a PayPal dispute doesn't prevent neg/neut. feedback, but sometimes it can be removed on that basis - occasionally you need to to be persistent as it can depend on who you speak to.

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

You can get the negative easily removed. Happened to me when this happened. EBay will be able to confirm the tracking to show it was undelivered and also check messages to confirm buyer did not update their address. Easy removal.

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

Dear Tstore thanks for letting me know they should remove this feedback easily (it makes me feel better hoping it might be removed).  As for the other reply it is a bush fire matter my property at Lithgow almost burn't down and my neightbour completely burn't down (lost the lot including all the animals).   

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

Parcel sent to wrong address is not a bushfire matter.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

The buyer had moved and not updated their address on Ebay so the order details were wrong (that is why I won the dispute).  SO THE TRACKING NUMBER SAID IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED but she didn't live there anymore and if it was RETURNED TO SENDER WE DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS BECAUSE OF THE BUSHFIRES.  Do you get it!

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply