Seller sent to incorrect address, so where do I stand ?

I have paitiently been waiting for an itme I purchased on the 28th August. Upon checking the online tracking, it appears it is on it;s way back to the seller as "the address was not known". It appears to have made it all the way to my suberb, now it's on it's way back to seller. I contacted the seller when i noticed this, asking them to confirm what address they used for my parcel, to which she told me and it was then I realised the error was in the street name.....she use a different yet similar street name, which of course doesn't exist. I pointed this out to the seller and they said they would most likely refund me as it wasn't worth paying the postage again ๐Ÿ˜ž  To say I am a little disappointed is an understaement. I really wanted my item as I struggle to find things I like and this was someting I wanted (didn't need but I wanted) & at a great price.  I have expressed how disappointed I am and I don't want the refund, I want my item ! I know I can't physically make her send it and if she refunds me I guess it's sorted, but is there an optiion if she just redirects  the unopened parcel  to the correct address & pops it back in the post, would it reach me or is that like double dipping on postage type of thing?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

or do I either myself or the seller qualify to take advatge of the Pay Pal's claim back postage offer they have?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Yes, it's double dipping. The seller should rectify at her cost, but if she won't all you can do is get refund, give appropriate feedback & move on. If she relists the item you could always buy again (providing she doesn't put you on her blocked bidders list)
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I know you shouldn't have to and you can tell me to go jump, but what if you offered to pay half the return postage? If it's something you really wanted and got it at a good price, it might be worth it?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Maybe if the seller now has the correct address - when it is returned she could write on it "please forward to ..... "

I know sometimes the PO charges for this, but it seems a 50% chance.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Not much of a seller, IMO, if they just refund, when it was their blunder in the first place.

They should re-send and suck it up.

Yeah, I know, you can't make them.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I have suggested she try this and she says now she has good repall with PO so maybe they will accept. Thanks

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I know hey....and as a seller (on my other account) I have done this myself for similar mixups myself, without question, guess that is why I was so surprised when she wouldn't

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply