Seller with 100% pos. feedback is flight attendant thief. Daily Mirror posts his ebay user name :)

Guy had his very expensive camera lost on a Ryanair flight, only to have it miraculously turn up on eBay. He did contact seller, who happened to be a flight attendant.   Here is the link http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/passenger-camera-stolen-ryanair-steward-5528237

He still has his same old user profile etc. All of his listings are for things regularly lost on planes: SkullCandy headphones, cameras, etc etc. Look at the news story, then look up the user. Not sure if I am allowed to post his ebay user name here? I am rather new to the boards.

As you can see from MY ebay, I am not very active at all (not a big eBayer, never shilled, and have a slow connection on top of not very tech savvy so it is cumbersome for me to list or buy things on here)

not to mention I usually just donate my unwanted items as opposed to listing them, so I suppose that makes me an eBayers thorn in their side. I have a sister who used to do well on eBay, she begs me daily to "why don't you list (insert anything Ive got that she thinks I could make money off of)" I do not like buying a thing cheaply, then re-selling it for more. I think it is dishonest.

What I think is even MORE dishonest though- are sellers who make a side business off of stolen or found items. Sickening.

t

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Seller with 100% pos. feedback is flight attendant thief. Daily Mirror posts his ebay user name

I agree, the flight attendant was very unethical.

At last someone has cleared up an issue for me. The rise of people saying ethical is related to criminal behaviour. Obviously the  ethical of staying within the bounds of a certain community's social standards is out . Breaking the law is now a person ethics.

He steals is unethical is in.

He steals is criminal is out.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

Re: Seller with 100% pos. feedback is flight attendant thief. Daily Mirror posts his ebay user name

The flight attendant is NARU. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

@croybooks wrote:

I agree, the flight attendant was very unethical.

At last someone has cleared up an issue for me. The rise of people saying ethical is related to criminal behaviour. Obviously the  ethical of staying within the bounds of a certain community's social standards is out . Breaking the law is now a person ethics.

He steals is unethical is in.

He steals is criminal is out.

Doing something illegal is certainly unethical - doing something unethical is not necessarily illegal.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

I'm the person who said it was unethical.

That doesn't mean I don't realise the person was a thief and will probably face charges related to their stealing.

As I said, the man will probably not gain from his actions in the long run, he will at the very least lose his job and if he has a police record, he will find himself cut off from some other job opportunities. He may even find it hard to travel overseas.

But thieves possibly don't think they will be caught.

I used the word unethical though, not because I didn't realise he was a thief but because I don't think the man had many ethics. He was in a position of trust.

I suppose it comes down to a question. Do you believe people should do the right thing only because the wrong thing is illegal and they may be punished, or should they do the right thing because of internal morals and standards?

The flight attendant was both a law breaker and immoral in my eyes.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply