Selling fees question

Forgive me for asking here, as I'm not 100% sure I'm gleaning the information correctly off the web site.

I've bought and sold her for 20 odd years now, and have my system in place, but for many years I've been short on time due to work deadlines, etc. and haven't really been selling.

Is it correct that there are no longer listing fees in auction (+buy it now) no matter what quantity is listed? Only final sale percentages?

I don't plan to list a substantial number of items but after a bit of an ease in - mid next year I plan to list quality items I'm holding which would have a high sell through rate, so most won't be relisted.

I'm selling off some of my collection. I'm not really a business seller, but I might consider looking into this at some point in time if I 'semi-retire' from work down the track.  

Thanks for any info.    

(PS: I live/work in South Korea now but will be returning to Australia for a couple of years soon. I'll be listing on the Australian site posting out from Canberra).

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Selling fees question

Hi there,  you now get 250000 free listings  and only pay FVF, plus any listing extras or promotion fees.

As you have not sold for a while, you are going to find things very different, for starters you will need to  sign on to managed payments,and have your ID verified and provide a verified Bank account, so as to receive any payments.

20yrs as an ebay member/seller will mean nothing, you will be treated as a new seller, your funds will be held

for up to 30 days, until ebay are satisfied that you do not pose a security threat, and in addition  I think it is 10%

of your funds will be held for 60 days.  Heaps of other changes, so you will do best to fully familiarize yourself with all policys,  T&C's  etc.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Selling fees question

Further to Gutterpunkz information, you will have selling limits applied which will be reviewed & increased at the end of each month (if eBay think everything is going well). That will include uploading tracking for 95% of your sales and positive feedback etc.

Personally I'd start off listing lots of low value items (to generate a lot of sales/feedback) and gradually increase to bigger ticket items as your selling limits are increased.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Selling fees question

Thanks. + rocket2retro thanks also.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply