Selling my last item

raffta1
Community Member

Then its good by for me. Ebay have made it hard and expensive for the people who sell their random items they no longer need. (like me, asI am not a business)

The fee's and the fee on the postage cost is ridiculas, then combined with sellers now being responsible for Australia Post deliveries, because even if we pay for the service for an iem to be delivered in Aus post loose it, its now our fault and the blatanted scamming of buyers claiming not to recieve and item, even if the tracking states it was delivered, I am now done.

This month has cost me more than I have sold.

As for buying, I am turning away as well. So many now sell cheapknock offs its getting harder to find a "real" item on here. Thanks toeveryone who has been helpful and offered advice. 

I willleave this site to all the over seas $2 shops now.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Selling my last item

Sad to hear and yours is the second post I've read tonight along the same lines.  As they say, sadly, times ain't what they used to be.

All the very best in the future Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks, It is sad, but I will have to use facebook groups to sell my items. Just takes longer being in a smaller town 2 1/2 hours from a big town. But at least it wont cost me.

The kicker has come with to more items not recieved today. This is from the same person as they brought 4 items. They were posted in 2 separted lots (as 2 sold one wekk and the other 2 the next). The tracking states delivered on both. 

From a previous converation from ebay, unless I have their signature (which I dont) or I used the ebay lables (well I cant as I dont have a printer), they have to assume I sent it to the wrong address. This is not true, but I will now be forced to refund over $100 (includes postage) and still pay the fee's for the pleasure.

I personaly beleive its a scam from the buyer as the purchased the second lot after the delivery of the first. But it appears I have no leg to stand on. I also have another one that Aus post cant find, so they will be getting a refund, this I will do.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

Sad to hear and yours is the second post I've read tonight along the same lines.  As they say, sadly, times ain't what they used to be.

All the very best in the future Smiley Happy

+1, it's a shame to loose people.

Yes, all the very best with whatever you choose to do in the future.Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@raffta1 wrote:

Thanks, It is sad, but I will have to use facebook groups to sell my items. Just takes longer being in a smaller town 2 1/2 hours from a big town. But at least it wont cost me.

The kicker has come with to more items not recieved today. This is from the same person as they brought 4 items. They were posted in 2 separted lots (as 2 sold one wekk and the other 2 the next). The tracking states delivered on both. 

From a previous converation from ebay, unless I have their signature (which I dont) or I used the ebay lables (well I cant as I dont have a printer), they have to assume I sent it to the wrong address. This is not true, but I will now be forced to refund over $100 (includes postage) and still pay the fee's for the pleasure.

I personaly beleive its a scam from the buyer as the purchased the second lot after the delivery of the first. But it appears I have no leg to stand on. I also have another one that Aus post cant find, so they will be getting a refund, this I will do.

If the buyer is approachable, I always ask them to check with their neighbours & to check at their local PO.  At the same time, if you sent it Registered or with Tracking, send them a photo of the PO receipt etc to show them it was posted & you have proof.  I have found on more than one occasion, when I've sent photos of my documentation the parcels miraculously turn up !

If they are a reasonable buyer, they can ring Aust Post on 131318 and have an investigation opened as it is showing as received when in fact they did not receive either parcel.  I have such a case running at the moment with a non-ebay customer (but only for 1 parcel sent Express) & have been advised, Aust Post may in fact reimburse the postage and at their discretion, may make a one off payment to the value of $50.  It won't cover the price of the items I sent, but it is better than nothing.  The bad part is, the receiver has to initiate the enquiry, not the sender.

I have also read some sellers will ask the buyer for a Stat Dec stating they did not receive the item.

Would probably also be worth looking at the buyers Feedback left for others, to see if they are often so unlucky !!  Let's face it, two parcels to the one address both gone missing is quite hard to believe.

If they are often unlucky regarding deliveries, ebay may be more interested, but you may have to be persistent  Smiley Happy and if you have receipts from Aust Post, with Tracking details I would still try ebay again on that basis.  I use Registered Large Letter, so I have the slips - stamped by the PO as proof of sending, just not sure what you may have.  I have read conflicting opinions on the boards regarding proof of sending & proof of delivery, so if it I were you, I wouldn't give in without a damn good fight ! Smiley LOL

Best of luck, hope this may be relevant and of some help

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Aus post will only rembust the cost of the postage as I didnt pay for the extra insurance to cover the contents. I went through this only a couple of weeks ago. 

The buyer who has not received 2 parcels is the one bothering me the most as it states delivered. 

The other one, Aus post cant find any tracking details, even tho I can produce the lodgement receipt. Same deal they will only cover the postage on that one.

This is a copy and paste of the email for the last one

Hi xxxxx,

Thank you for providing us with the receipt.

As Signature on Delivery and Extra Cover have not been purchased in this case, there is limited tracking capability on your item and we are not able to compensate you for the loss of the contents. With that said, I will order a money order of $8.25 to reimburse you for the postage costs as we have been unable to confirm delivery of your item. You should receive this in the mail in about 5-10 business days.

Regards,

Queeny
Australia Post

Need help or have an enquiry?
Please visit Help & Support to:
  • contact our support team directly
  • find answers to many commonly asked questions
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Under Australian consumer law, specifically the Sale of Goods Act (each state has one) you are only required to show proof of lodgement with a carrier. If either EBay or PayPal try to enforce anything else then tell them you will raise a case with the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS ). And while you are reporting also lodge a complaint with the ACORN about this buyer. Seems worth their investigation as well. If they are suspicious then details will be passed on to police. With both lots of this info presented to either EBay or PayPal I'm pretty sure you won't lose any money.
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks I will look into it
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

You will be ok raffa1 - I was a top seller but ended all my listings late last month and my store closed 1 April.

It just isn't any good selling in here anymore, what wth all the fee's, rules & regulations, and the bays stance against sellers - I miss it, the selling but the stress and postage problems are not worth it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do - Sandra ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I've got a buyer at the moment who is going nuts buying stuff. She's already bought 10 things and has placed bids on other things. After she won the first item she sent me a message asking if I could send everything registered with signature on delivery as she has had issues in the past with getting things posted. By the time she's finished buying, it will be WELL over $100, so I might chuck in some insurance just in case. No, I WILL insure it!

I felt a bit bad because at this stage, all but one item is a "free post" large letter item and the parcel item only misses out by about 3mm. I normally tack a little bit extra onto the postage rate to cover the fees, but as she wants to pay the extra for SOD, I have decided just to charge her what AP charges. I might even not charge her for the SOD, just chuck it in as a thankyou gift. Then I'm also not paying fees on it. I have made enough profit on the other items to well and truly cover it. The other reason I felt bad was, even with 10 items at that stage, it only came to about 60g! I did mention that to her and that could be why she's decided to buy other stuff as well.

Hopefully this will all turn around in your favour. What an insult just to give you $8.25! Talk about a smack in the teeth.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply