Selling my last item

raffta1
Community Member

Then its good by for me. Ebay have made it hard and expensive for the people who sell their random items they no longer need. (like me, asI am not a business)

The fee's and the fee on the postage cost is ridiculas, then combined with sellers now being responsible for Australia Post deliveries, because even if we pay for the service for an iem to be delivered in Aus post loose it, its now our fault and the blatanted scamming of buyers claiming not to recieve and item, even if the tracking states it was delivered, I am now done.

This month has cost me more than I have sold.

As for buying, I am turning away as well. So many now sell cheapknock offs its getting harder to find a "real" item on here. Thanks toeveryone who has been helpful and offered advice. 

I willleave this site to all the over seas $2 shops now.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Selling my last item

A lot of sellers are having success on Facebook.  Seems younger buyers are steering away from eBay sites in favour of Facebook.  Also sellers are looking at Swapmeet, a new Australian site getting quite a bit of attention lately.

With regard to your buyer's claims, if you have not already, I would let them know that Australia Post are investigating their claims of non delivery.  And tell them you will need a Statutory Declaration signed by them (the buyer) to send to AP to support their claim.  Sometimes this is enough to trigger a sudden arrival of missing parcels.  You may also mention that you will be contacting their Post Office to check on the missing parcels.  They may have a history of mysteriously missing mail.

Buyers get away with these types of scams because too often sellers finds it too hard/stressful to chase them up.  Same with eBay they are getting away with illegal decisions when it comes to proving you have done the right thing as a seller by sending the parcels with tracking.  As clarry100 mentioned you do have a right to appeal their decision, particularly when you know you are in the right.

Australia Post's watchdog is the Australia Post Ombudsman.  You can lodge a complaint with them regarding this matter and let AP know you are doing so.  A lot of legwork for you but sometimes it pays.  There have been many success stories on these boards all down to some persistence.  Good luck

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Wow, great story sheep and how refreshing to read a positive post referring to a communicative buyer !   YAY !

If only ebay encouraged communication (as opposed to dispute) between buyers & sellers.

Hopefully this will all turn around in your favour. What an insult just to give you $8.25! Talk about a smack in the teeth.

I do hope so for raffta - my PO owner said an extra discretionary payment can be made.  In raffta's case, with 3 parcels now missing, I'd be asking nicely for one !  But I can also understand how Aust. Post may think that's a bit unusual, not casting dispersions on raffta in any way by that comment - just trying to see the situation from Aust Post's eyes as well.  Where, IF the buyer is genuine a stst dec may help

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

And if you are able to discretely give us a hint as to their id I am sure there are plenty who would love to add it to their Block Buyer's Lists

so that they are blocked from fleecing others.  Could be along the lines of this nursery rhyme Mary had a Little lamb in 2015  whose Fleece etc. If you get my drift.  Will be a lot of fund deciphering the name.  Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

@beautbots01 wrote:

A lot of sellers are having success on Facebook.  Seems younger buyers are steering away from eBay sites in favour of Facebook.  Also sellers are looking at Swapmeet, a new Australian site getting quite a bit of attention lately.

With regard to your buyer's claims, if you have not already, I would let them know that Australia Post are investigating their claims of non delivery.  And tell them you will need a Statutory Declaration signed by them (the buyer) to send to AP to support their claim.  Sometimes this is enough to trigger a sudden arrival of missing parcels.  You may also mention that you will be contacting their Post Office to check on the missing parcels.  They may have a history of mysteriously missing mail.

Buyers get away with these types of scams because too often sellers finds it too hard/stressful to chase them up.  Same with eBay they are getting away with illegal decisions when it comes to proving you have done the right thing as a seller by sending the parcels with tracking.  As clarry100 mentioned you do have a right to appeal their decision, particularly when you know you are in the right.

Australia Post's watchdog is the Australia Post Ombudsman.  You can lodge a complaint with them regarding this matter and let AP know you are doing so.  A lot of legwork for you but sometimes it pays.  There have been many success stories on these boards all down to some persistence.  Good luck

To add to what is written above, I have heard of other forum regulars saying they send a message to the buyer saying that through the course of the AP investigation, they may need to contact you as part of the investigation. More often than not, the missing parcels miraculously arrives the next day.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply