Sending Express

I just had a buyer buy and pay for their item and they selected and paid for Express Post. Normally this item would be sent large letter in a small padded bubble bag. Does the PO have Express tape or something that can go on the padded bag, or do they have Express padded bags, or large envelopes that I could put the padded bag in? It's less than 50g, so not really something I'd want to put into a satchel. I've only recently been offering Express as a postage option and haven't had to send one yet, so not really sure what the options are.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sending Express

I have asked exactly this at my LPO before.
They told me that only a document (ie papers) can go in the express envelopes. Anything else has to go in the satchels. Sometimes were too have very small light items that would actually fit into a DL envelopes floating around in a 500gm satchel.
I don't know of any other way to do it.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Sending Express

Yes darling they can & do - just pack in the padded bag as you usually do and you can either then choose to put that bag into an Express Satchel or - put tape onto the bag you already have - hope this helps - Sandra ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Sending Express

You have to use parcel rates ($9.55 from memory), but if you use your own packaging they have yellow express tape to stick on there.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Sending Express

So they can just stick tape onto my padded bag, or does it still have to go parcel rate? I hope not, because that will mean I have severely underquoted on the express rate!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Sending Express

I suppose with this purchase it's no biggie if it has to go parcel rate because they used the BIN option, so paid $7 more than I would have got if it sold as an auction item, but I might have to do some serious revisions on my large letter listings!

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Sending Express

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

So they can just stick tape onto my padded bag, or does it still have to go parcel rate? I hope not, because that will mean I have severely underquoted on the express rate!

Sorry to say, only documents are allowed to go at express letter rates (documents are paper, and/or anything that contains reproducible media, like CDs, memory cards and the like - absolutely everything else, no matter how small, thin or light, has to go as a parcel. ๐Ÿ˜ž ). 

I always use own packaging, personally, process via C&S, then ask for the tape as well just so it's clearly marked as express from a glance. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Sending Express

Thanks DG. I might have to remove the express option from my large letter listings. As mentioned above, it's no biggie with this one because the end price was more than I expected, but if it had sold at auction start price, I would have gone into the red!

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply