Sending buyer an invoice - manually calculating postage costs

I have just sold my first item in one week.Imagine my surprise when I discovered the 'New look' invoice page, that not only had changed my postage service I had selected when listing my item for sale, but then required me to manually go to the Australia Post web site and calculate the postage rate myself, then I had to enter the amount of postage on the invoice.Is this the new way E bay is sending invoices ? or is it yet another technical glitch.Buyers are soon going to run away (go else where) if they have to wait for me to get home and calculate their invoices.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Appears you have calculated postage to postcodes set.

That should give the buyer the correct rate to their location irrespective of the new designs of the eBay site.

I would guess one of the many glitches on eBay at present.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

At least you had the opportunity to send an invoice. My buyer today got hit with immediate payment and wasn't given the opportunity to select express post, which she wanted. Due to eBay going ga ga, I've now decided to pay the extra and send my buyer's parcel express. It should arrive in time sending regular post, but I'd feel really bad if it didn't as she bought it as a birthday gift. She bought from me as I was the closest seller with the item she wanted, so I don't want to let her down.

If these glitches continue, I'm sending all my items back to auction. I changed them all the BIN's a few months ago, but I'm not happy with buyers being forced to pay immediately.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

At least you had the opportunity to send an invoice. My buyer today got hit with immediate payment and wasn't given the opportunity to select express post, which she wanted. Due to eBay going ga ga, I've now decided to pay the extra and send my buyer's parcel express. It should arrive in time sending regular post, but I'd feel really bad if it didn't as she bought it as a birthday gift. She bought from me as I was the closest seller with the item she wanted, so I don't want to let her down.

You should have not paid from your own pocket for express just because ebay has screwed this up. You have a buyer's email from their payment email sent by Paypal to you. You can make a paypal invoice and ask them to pay it. The only looser in this case will be eBay because they won't be able to charge fees from that extra postage cost. 

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply