Sending shoes to authenticator via Sendle? (Might belong in New to ebay)

Hey everyone! 🙂

I just sold a pair of shoes. As part of my listing, I selected Aus Post Standard Extra Large Box/Satchel for the items to be sent. 

The shoes need to be sent to an authenticator to be checked, so eBay automatically created a 'sendle' label for me to use for free. I just checked Sendle's site and saw you can't drop sendle packages off at AusPost, only sendle nominated locations.  

So, I understand the shoes need to be sent to the authenticator, and I believe the autocreated sendle label is addressed to the authenticator, but my question/s are this:

- Am I all good to just drop the package off at a sendle location using this label even though I said I would use AusPost?

- Is this normal for a sendle label to just be created as soon as someone purchases the shoes, even though I listed that I would sell it via AusPost? (I assumed an AusPost label would be created?)

I created an AusPost label as well as I sort of panicked because that's the service I said I would send it via to the buyer, but given it goes to an authenticator first and then the buyer, I think I just wasted my money creating another label😅.

I think I'm just overthinking and need to just drop the package off with the sendle label attached so it can go to the authenticator - right? Just trying to do the right thing and get it sent to the buyer asap!

Would really appreciate your help, thanks everyone 🙂

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Let me say first off, I'm not a seller but Sendle certainly doesn't have the best reputation as a courier broker as they will use the cheapest couriers possible (usually Aramex, who used to be Fastway, and Couriers Please). I've had a couple of sellers use Aramex for my items and they were hopeless, as was Sendle's Customer Service.

So my advice would be to use AP, but make sure you post over the counter at the post office to get a tracking scan to upload to the sale, and also take out insurance.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Besides Sendle having the worst customer service, their courier network covers less ground than Australia Post. Some buyers and sellers have discovered that the package cannot actually get to its destination after it has already been lodged.

Can't help with the authentication part, but I'm always wary of having another layer of handling between me and the buyer.

The buyer won't care which service delivers the item, but know that if it goes missing, Sendle are impossible to get hold of for a refund.

On the other hand, other sellers find it a great service, so it could go either way.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Check the label, if it’s  Couriers Please I have found them to be reliable.  On the other hand, if it’s Fastway I wouldn’t use it. I dropped 2 parcels off at a BP servo Hub the before I went on holidays, 2 weeks later the parcels were still sitting there. On my return I went to collect the parcels, the attendant said he had parcels sitting there for Fastway to pick up for over 2 months.

i thought I’d try a different drop off hub, same thing. So much so that the attendant said the Fastway driver came in, bought a drink and went to leave. Attendant said, “there’s parcels here”. Fastway driver wasn’t the slightest bit interested replying, “I only stopped here to get a drink”.  It was on

y when the attendant insisted, the driver reluctantly took the parcels.  They said Fastway parcels don’t usually get picked up for 2-3 weeks.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks to everyone for the responses. Thanks Padi, I'm going to go with AP and get it insured. I just want to make sure my buyer gets the item with no issues! Didn't even know Sendle was a thing and it had me stressed out!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I think you really either need to send with the label ebay have provided, or contact ebay CS to verify using an alternative service will be OK.   I can see the authenticator receiving a pair of shoes with no cross reference to an ebay transaction.   If there is no record of the shoes being received by the authenticator  then the buyer will be refunded as if they had failed verification

Edit.  Just to add, you have 5 days to cancel the  AP  label if you choose not to use it and it then takes about 25 days to receive a postage refund

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

I think you really either need to send with the label ebay have provided, or contact ebay CS to verify using an alternative service will be OK.   I can see the authenticator receiving a pair of shoes with no cross reference to an ebay transaction.   If there is no record of the shoes being received by the authenticator  then the buyer will be refunded as if they had failed verification

the OP uploads the AP tracking number, so long as they are able to, to the sale that shouldn't happen GP.

If the OP uploads the AP tracking number to the sale, so long as they can, then that shouldn't happen GP.

But with eBay who knows.....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Hi Padi,  figured there would have to be an ID  process involved somewhere, and it appears there should be a unique code on the label provided by ebay, so the OP will have to copy the address and code exactly.

When I sell my item, where am I sending the item?

eBay will provide you with the address of our authentication centre along with the buyer's name and a unique ID number. Be sure to use the exact address eBay provides, including the unique ID number. Once your shoe is verified and authenticated, it will be forwarded on to the buyer's delivery address at no cost to you.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply