Seriously Australia Post - What is going on?

Another potential lost sale due to slow delivery. Have had customers sending stuff back because they have arrived a week after expected.

Lodging enquiries on the web site which used to get answered in days still not answered a week later. Waiting on line to the help desk for an hour without getting answered.

What is going on at AP?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Seriously Australia Post - What is going on?

Perhaps went through Chullora.

Seems to be a black hole as someone described it.

image host
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

I heard something about the CEO's Ferrari needing new tyres, a tune-up and he probably wants to take it on a track day weekend, so a bunch of workers had to go to pay for it all.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

I had the very same problem today Waited about 1 hour for Customer Servive to answer the phone Asked what was going on Parcel was posted 14th April From Adelaide to Melbourne Processed through Sunshine West Victoria on 17th and Expected Delivery was 19th. The parcel is still being Processed in Sunshine West Victoria. Now they tell me someone will contact me within 10 Business Days which will be 9th May. This parcel was sent Regular Parcel Post and weighed 4.9 kg. I think it is time Australia Post woke up. 1 Hour for them to answer the phone then another 1/2 kour for them going around in circles.. We the Customer are paying for a Service and Australia Post Cannot Provide it. I will be contacting the Postal Ombudsman On Tuesday this is not right nor fair for the prices they charge.

Paddy

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

if this is what we get for the charges we have now imagine how much more they'd need to charge to give a good service?

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Just an update from Australia Post via a comment  I left via Facebook

Quote"

Australia Post

Australia Post Hi John,

I can absolutely understand your frustration here, and having just checked the tracking for your parcel again, I can see that it was scanned into the Darwin Sorting Facility earlier this evening, so it was obviously mis-sorted at the Melbourne Facility last week, for which I sincerely apologise.

As the parcel isn't addressed to somewhere in NT, the Darwin centre will have already sorted it for transit back to Melbourne, where it will be sorted again (correctly this time), forwarded to the addressee's delivery centre, and then go out for delivery. Assuming that nothing else goes wrong, and there are no further delays, I would expect this parcel now to be delivered by 3 May, so I have put your case on hold until then so that you won't have to log a second case if it isn't delivered by then (not that I expect this to happen).

As a once-off gesture of goodwill I will process a refund of the postage for you since the error by the sorting machine has lead to such a significant delay in the delivery of your parcel. I will order that compensation for you now, and note it in your case, so you should receive it next week.

Alice

End Quote"

Paddy
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

6 days from darwin to melbourne? must be riding a genuine 1960s AP delivery bicycle.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

I have the same problem with slow post.

Posted from Brisbane to Murwillumbah on Monday 18th still not here on the 22nd. (1.5 hrs journey)

Another parcel posted from Tweed Heads to Murwillumbah posted Monday 18th still not here today the 22nd. tweed heads to murwillumbah (20 min journey)

Serious third world country service at a premium cost

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

6 days from darwin to melbourne? must be riding a genuine 1960s AP delivery bicycle.

Saturday, Sunday, Anzac Day Monday. That's down to 3, which seems reasonable. Or do you use the eBay definition?

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

What is going on?

Australia Post in it's last dying days, twitching and wriggling with discomfort as it is ridiculed by the masses.

A bloated and overweight dinosaur mismanaged from the top. Filling it's stores with cheap "$2 store" gimmicks to deflect attention of it's inability to to provide the basic services it was/is intended to perform.

A bureaucracy stuck and lost in the 1960's "mom and pop" era, unable and unwilling to adapt to the modern, globalized and fast moving 24/7/365  time frame of our modern times.

Surviving on government welfare, management know no matter how incompetent, how inefficient they are, there will always be a pay cheque at the end of the week and if the "books" are fiddled enough, a nice bonus too.​

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply