Several items in my Store went on sale without my knowledge...

I just noticed that several items in my store are discounted by 20% even though I never put them on sale. There is no sale for them listed in the Markdown Manager -- I do have a sale running on a store category (15% off) but these items aren't in that category. These items don't have anything particular in common, they are in different store categories from each other... why would they suddenly go on sale?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Several items in my Store went on sale without my knowledge...

They will never admit it but eBay is glitchy as nowadays.

I get so many issues with buyers combined invocies uncombing etc. and its a pain in the rear end to sort it out every time due to' one off system errors' not to mention the omnipresent risks of defects if not done the correct way. The buyers thing its the sellers fault and get animated about it sometimes / think you are trying to rip them off when you are powerless to do anything about it.   In addition to that I have now called eBay no less than 5 times to report an issue I had where items marked as shipped with track numbers applied magically appear as not shipped with tracking number removed. I have reported this over 9 months ago and still no fix. As I give eBay over $15,000 a year in FVF's you would think they could take some time to provide decent customer service and fix the issue but oh no not even a call back. Would I recommend selling on eBay to anyone? Absolutely no way on this earth. Who would want to deal with a business that's all empathy and zero action? Not me for much longer that's for sure.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

I think eBay is running a discount scheme without telling us.

I was checking some of my greeting cards over the weekend from the buyers point of view & found some at 10% off - gee, they save a whole 15 cents & still they didn't sell.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

I never did resolve this issue - that is, I have no idea why it happened - but a couple of days after I posted, the sale ended. I noticed a "two hours left" countdown, two hours before they went off sale, so it wasn't instant. There was some sort of end date set for the sale. It never did appear in my Markdown Manager and I certainly didn't create the sale myself. Now I'll have to keep a close eye on things to see if it happens again.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Well, I spoke too soon. The same items are back on sale, with one hour to go on the sale! It's like there's a recurring sale set on them. I'll see what Customer Service says although if they're off sale by the time they take a look, it won't help get to the bottom of this.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

When you follow the link on the discounted items it acutally shows all your stock on the store sale "promo page" -  not all discounted though.... but has the banner heading free delivery on orders over $10 (with terms underneath).

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply