Shipping a golf club

johnk664
Community Member

Does anyone have recommendations on how to package and send a golf club to an eBay buyer? Also which postage/courier service to use.

Thanks

John

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Shipping a golf club

Hi John,

The best way is to go to one of the big golf retailers and pick up a box from them, they are usually happy to give them away. If you have no luck with them then some of the storage places sell 'map boxes' that are a perfect fit. It depends on what kind of club you are shipping, drivers and fairway woods usually require a box but irons and wedges can often be sent in mailing tubes.

The longer golf clubs (drivers etc) go over the AP 105cm limit but most outlets will let them slide. 1 club will usually come in just under 1kg packaged so they don't need to cube which keeps the price down.

Just had a look at your auctions, I assume you are talking about the Scotty? You may be able to get that into a big mailing tube, either way it will come in under the 105cm limit if you don't have excessive packaging.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Shipping a golf club

johnk664
Community Member

Thanks, Brothers-in-arms. It is the Scotty. Only 91cm long so should pack less than 100cm. Where do you get the big mailing tubes? Can you just get them at an AP shop and then just post them?

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Shipping a golf club

I get mine from Officeworks, when I use mailing tubes I usually just get 2 smaller ones and tape them together with a bit of reinforcing (usually when I'm sending shafts). I honestly don't know if a putter head will fit in one but if not, bit of ingenuity with bubble wrap, tape and some scrap cardboard will soon have you sorted. Might be an interesting shape for them to cube though 😄

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Shipping a golf club

My golf club has 18 holes (plus a 19th) - might be difficult to ship (especially the 19th hole as it has all sorts of breakable top shelf stuff).

More seriously - the larger tubes from Australia Post might also do the job. If the head doesn't fit a knife, some cardboard and some bubbl;e wrap will probably make it OK.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Shipping a golf club

I have just had a problem with a metal wood. Took to PO who said it was too long at 125cms. Sendle also said the same. I decided to buy a box from Pack and Send that was 150 cms long for $5, wrapped the metal driver in recycled bubblewrap, put it in the box with some sticky tape around it, and called Smart Send, who collected it the next day for $51 from Perth to regional Qld. Most other couriers I contacted were quoting $78 - $90. Hope this helps someone. It drove me mad trying to find the best deal.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Shipping a golf club

One would hope that after SEVEN YEARS, the issue has probably been resolved.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Shipping a golf club

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  on behalf of most of us who frequent these forums do NOT drag up threads that are so old.

If you have something of interest to tell people start a new thread.  Frequently things change and it can make things very confusing for people trying to find an answer

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Shipping a golf club

As expressed above, you'll get folks in these parts might teed-off by dragging up old threads from the rough.
As much as we try to educate other members on this, we still have a fair way to go to achieve 100% cooperation, and while you'd think it would make sense for threads to self-lock after a time, I think the forum software is buggy.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Shipping a golf club

@tazzieterror wrote:

I think the forum software is buggy.

Nah tazzie, Lithium and now Khoros were never fair dinkum about actually doing it, despite an eBay manager agreeing it needed to be done - must be easier to move threads for little apparent reason. original.gif

Spoiler
Though I know that moving or locking threads takes the same amount of time since I'm an admin on a closed group..

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 21
Latest reply