Shipping labels didn't cancel and now I'm being charged?!?!?!?!

I canceled several shipping labels when posting with ebay labels

There were mistakes in the shipping labels more than once

I've just learned they did NOT cancel at all

And now in my ebay shipping fees I've been charged for these labels that I'd requested to be canceled!

My ebay fees for this month were unsurprisingly HUGE - I generated new labels but DEFINITELY requested the initial ones that I'd made a mistake on be canceled.

I did NOT use these labels and now I've been charged HEAPS of money for labels I DID NOT use and requested to be canceled and don't even know how to follow this up with ebay because their system is so damn obtuse and difficult to use.

So what do I do?!?! I don't want to be charged hundreds of dollars for shipping labels I did not use and asked to be canceled!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am not a seller so do not use the labels but I believe I have read where it takes several weeks for cancellations to take effect.

They have to wait to see that the labels are not used before they will issue refunds.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am not a seller so do not use the labels but I believe I have read where it takes several weeks for cancellations to take effect.

They have to wait to see that the labels are not used before they will issue refunds.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Wow that's really terrible if so! 

I mean I get the idea - but surely if the label is canceled there could be some sort of warning when it is scanned and an auto RTS happens so that the item doesn't get delivered?

Jeeze... I guess I need to be more careful!

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

The problem with that is that often packages are not scanned until they are delivered. 

There would soon be sellers taking advantage of that and sending items with previously cancelled labels.

I would hope you would take care before purchasing labels.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Lyndal's comment is correct as the labels have to be verified through the system as unused (Australia Post v Ebay)  

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for confirming the information froggy.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Damn, thankyou for the info! It's valuable to me to know this... but gosh I've been financially burned!

Do they - once the labels have been canceled - credit return to your account (honour fee I presume)

Logic would suggest they do - but I have to ask 🙂

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for confirming - I am naturally a bit miffed - the postage was worth more than the item as it was... yeesh... 😞 

Time to be more careful!

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Yes you will see a credit on your seller account. It sometimes goes over to the next month 

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

from the seller centre:

How to cancel a postage label

If you haven't used a postage label, you can cancel it within 5 days of creating and printing the label. If your cancellation request is approved, you'll receive a credit for postage and related charges within 25 days. The credit will then be shown in your seller account activity, and on your next monthly invoice.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply