Should Ebay reintroduce negative feedback for buyers ?

I have been talking with a few friends lately and we all seem to be suffering from the same problem. It seems that there are a lot of people who are not paying for goods or leaving low feedback scores that are not deserved.

Ebay does not seem to help when we suffer from these problems as I noticed one person had SIX non paying complaints in his positive only feedbackand he was still bidding on items.

Another non paying bidder with a score of 1 had also received four non paying complaints that were turned into positives and I could not leave feedback as I made a non paying claim as well.

He is still bidding on Ebay.

If sellers could warn other sellers it would help us save a lot of time and money.

what do others think?

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Should Ebay reintroduce negative feedback for buyers ?

$1.50 a pop for lower price auctions adds to the tally - and it particularly sticks in my throat if the non payer outbids other bidders that were prepared to bid AND pay a good price.
Message 51 of 66
Latest reply

Well the rash of non paying , non communicative bid cancellers continues. I have just had a third bid cancellation on the same item. I am beginning to think this is an organised campaign to stop me selling items. Is anybody else having similar problems.

Message 52 of 66
Latest reply

All mine are BIN, so I don't have that particular problem. And very few don't pay.

Message 53 of 66
Latest reply

I have a mix of BIN and auction and in the last two months ten percent of my sales have not been paid for.

That is a significant loss for me as it is using up my free listings.

That means I am not making as good money as I should be.

Non paying bidders, bid cancellations and false low ratings. make Ebay an expensive slow way to sell goods.

I had an auction finish today that would have sold for $76.66 if the bid cancellation had not happened.

Instead I may receive $ 71.00 if the winner decides to pay.

All these losses add up in time.

Message 54 of 66
Latest reply

@haolove13 wrote:

I have a mix of BIN and auction and in the last two months ten percent of my sales have not been paid for. How many is 10%. I'm kind of curious as to why you have so many. I sell between 15 and 20 items a week and I think I have had maybe 2 non payers this year. I have a mixture of cheap and expensive things, auctions and BINs, so I am just wonderuing why the non buyers seem to be drawn to you.

That is a significant loss for me as it is using up my free listings. I can imagine it would be

That means I am not making as good money as I should be. perhaps

Non paying bidders, bid cancellations and false low ratings. make Ebay an expensive slow way to sell goods.bid cancellations? low ratings? how?

I had an auction finish today that would have sold for $76.66 if the bid cancellation had not happened. But a bid is only an offer and an offer can be withdrawn at any time before acceptance, so until you have reached a state of acceptance, counting on any bid is like counting your chickens before they are hatched.

It's kind of like that song by Kenny Rogers - The Gambler, you count your money when the dealing's done.(sic)

the $5.66 is not a loss, it was money you never had.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 55 of 66
Latest reply

@punch*drunk wrote:

I would like to see the blocking of buyers based on strikes as a feature that you need to opt out of rather than opt into, I think there are many sellers that dont even know it exists.

I also dont think ebay should overturn any non payment strikes. You dont pay, you get a strike...simple. Maybe up the allowable amount of strikes to 3 for a year which would cover the occasional unwarranted strike from a scammer or dodgy seller.

The not overturning non-payment strikes is another simple tweak. 

Message 56 of 66
Latest reply

@haolove13 wrote:

I have a mix of BIN and auction and in the last two months ten percent of my sales have not been paid for.

That is a significant loss for me as it is using up my free listings.

That means I am not making as good money as I should be.

Non paying bidders, bid cancellations and false low ratings. make Ebay an expensive slow way to sell goods.

I had an auction finish today that would have sold for $76.66 if the bid cancellation had not happened.

It is frustrating when it gets to be such a large proportion of your overall sales, no matter what your turnover is.  

This year at one point  I had nonpayment cases at 10% of my monthly sales gross on this ID alone. 

Message 57 of 66
Latest reply

Maybe Ebay should have a medal system like Gold, Silver and Bronze and no rank if they are really bad buyers so we as sellers could identify these people more easily....Gold meaning they pay 100% everytime and within 4 days, Silver if they pay usually within a week and so on and so on......some thing has to be done though

Message 58 of 66
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
Medals? Payers shouldn't be rewarded. They should pay that's the end of it.
Message 59 of 66
Latest reply

a little bit of encouragement with a medal system might make them(buyers) take more pride in their account as a buyer...

Message 60 of 66
Latest reply