Should Ebay reintroduce negative feedback for buyers ?

I have been talking with a few friends lately and we all seem to be suffering from the same problem. It seems that there are a lot of people who are not paying for goods or leaving low feedback scores that are not deserved.

Ebay does not seem to help when we suffer from these problems as I noticed one person had SIX non paying complaints in his positive only feedbackand he was still bidding on items.

Another non paying bidder with a score of 1 had also received four non paying complaints that were turned into positives and I could not leave feedback as I made a non paying claim as well.

He is still bidding on Ebay.

If sellers could warn other sellers it would help us save a lot of time and money.

what do others think?

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Should Ebay reintroduce negative feedback for buyers ?

isn't that what the green dots are for?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 61 of 66
Latest reply

What happened to the kiss principle?

gold medals, not hurting peoples feelings, non binding bids. anonymous feedback.

when Ebay started there was a simple feedback system that people were accountable for.

Now you can leave anonymous un accountable feedback that you do not have to provide evidence for.

In the old days you could block dodgy buyers automatically and buyers could assess the quality of a seller by how close they were to 100%

Now it seems that no sellers can be trusted as there are not many sellers left now with 100%ratings but all buyers are 100 % despite the fact many of them seem to be dodgy or vindictive.

And regarding people being drawn to me it is not really true as several people I have spoken to recently are having the same problems.

And just look on the forums. I agree that most people only come here if they have a problem or if they are phsycopaths or whatever.

If a seller has no problems thay are busy just packing and posting . So the results here are a bit skewed.

but for every person complaining here how many are just putting up with it or have walked away from Ebay?

Message 62 of 66
Latest reply

Last week I had an auction and in the final seconds a new to EBay bidder won the auction:-(. I since have had no communication, no return messages or payment. 12 days later their feedback score has gone from 0 to 11. 10 of which have said the buyer hasn't paid or communicated. I have seen this type of behaviour a few times where in a matter of a few months buyers have racked 300+ scores suggesting they don't pay or communicate. Just goes to show that it's a buyers world and they can do what they like unpaid item strikes mean nothing!
Message 63 of 66
Latest reply

This seems to be an epidemic lately.

You need to set your preferences to automatically open a non paid item after four days. Then four days later it will automatically close and you receive your final value fees back but you have wasted a listing and a week of time. If you had underbidders you can make a second chance offer.

This strengthens my point as if it was possible to leave negative feedback this guy would be blocked by most in the system.

Make sure you do a claim and eventually we will hope that Ebay eventually stop this clown.

Message 64 of 66
Latest reply

I believe that people who receive an unpaid item strike, should automatically receive negative feedback (from ebay not from the seller), with a standard comment from ebay, along the lines of "unpaid item strike"

I wish that the block buyer list settings let you block people with 1 unpaid item strike.

Every month I have people that are blocked from buying my items, but the system only works if other sellers go through the process of lodging unpaid item disputes.

(not related to neg feedback) but My wish list also includes

-  unlimited free auction listings (the more items listed the = more sales = more fees for ebay, the more there is to choose from attracts more buyers)

- get rid of chinese sellers, generally the makeup from china is fake, the clothes & jewellery are cheap rubbish & do not look as good as the stock photo (yes I have been stung), the chinese sellers are turning ebay into a cheap $2 shop, as opposed to a place to buy a quality bargain. (make showing chinese listings an opt in - rather than having to change my search each time to australia only - i miss the old days when including overseas items would bring up mainly uk & usa items , nowadays the whole system is clogged up with listings from china)

Message 65 of 66
Latest reply

YES!!!

Message 66 of 66
Latest reply