Sigh... My first negative or neutral feedback seems inevitable.... some advice please?

Hi All...

So I just received today (8th Nov), a message that reads:

I still haven't received the tattoos. Unfortunately my sons birthday party was today so we had to miss out. I wanted to contact to you prior to neg feedback.

My annoyance is, the buyer bought it on the 19th October! I could have sent it 7 times over for them again.

I now feel like replying, do what you want, coz if you wait that long, how am I meant to correct the issue for you????

So disappointing... especially seeing as the majority of my feedback is about the speed of delivery... so if something hasn't arrived, don't you think the buyer could conclude there may be a concern???

Thanks for letting me vent!

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Sigh... My first negative or neutral feedback seems inevitable.... some advice please?

DG wrote:

The two statements do not mean the same thing, and can even be used in the same sentence without repeating the same sentiment - eg: 

"I have no control over what happens to an item once it is posted and I won't accept responsibility / liablity if something does happen".  X

"I have no control over what happens to an item once it is posted but I am happy to accept responsibility / liablity if something does happen".  ✓

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Never seen either of those in a listing, especially the last one!

Message 21 of 48
Latest reply

Re: Sigh... My first negative or neutral feedback seems inevitable.... some advice please?

I have words to that effect elsewhere, but not on eBay - doesn't seem necessary here. (Well, to be honest, on the other site I don't say the "no control" bit, 'cos I like to be able to get the glory if the package arrives fast Smiley LOL )

Message 22 of 48
Latest reply

In such a situation, where the item never arrived but no Paypal dispute is lodged because the seller & buyer work it out amongst themselves and the buyer's Paypal payment is refunded, would I be correct in assuming that no defect will be issued as a result, and if so, what circumstances would be required to actually trigger a defect for the seller?
Message 23 of 48
Latest reply

cq_tech - in this situation no defect should have been applied as there was no dispute opened through Paypal.

There is mixed messages from ebay at this stage as to when exactly a defect will apply - some of the information is that a defect is applied once an email is sent and the buyer has chosen the topic of either item not received or the item isn't as described.

Other information which has been given out by ebay is that just sending the email will not trigger a defect but if the buyer asks ebay to step in (which can be done after three days) then a defect is automatically applied. If ebay rules in favour of the seller the defect is removed.

Message 24 of 48
Latest reply

This is a little off topic,it is about feedback sort of.. saw this before in a listing. Odd comment.

when your item arrives, please tell us. EBay's search engine assumes that something is wrong if we receive no Feedback.

Message 25 of 48
Latest reply

Thank you for the clarification, Jen. So it would seem then that as long as neither eBay nor Paypal become involved in an official capacity, a seller can safely refund a buyer without triggering a defect, which is pretty much what I was hoping would be the case.

Regarding am*3's comment above, it sounds to me like the seller thinks he/she may have discovered a cunning method of ensuring that he/she will receive feedback from those who don't ordinarily leave it.
Message 26 of 48
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:
No Lizzy -

I am going at a cracking pace studying to become a CUSTOMER SERVICE - person ( think they are ).

Much kudos to you Helen, I'm guessing Malaysian/Malay must be a tough language to learn. Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 48
Latest reply

If Helen added Hindi & Tagalog to that, she could work in any call centre in the entire world! Smiley LOL
Message 28 of 48
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
If Helen added Hindi & Tagalog to that, she could work in any call centre in the entire world! Smiley LOL

@cq_tech wrote:

Please don't sell me short.

I need only 17 words in English.

* 'Sorry I can't help you'. = 5

* 'Anything else I can help you with'? = 7

* 'Thank you for calling eBay'. = 5

Nearly ready to apply.

Message 29 of 48
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

Please don't sell me short.

I need only 17 27 words in English.

* 'Sorry I can't help you'. = 5

* 'Anything else I can help you with'? = 7

* 'Thank you for calling eBay'. = 5

* 'Yes, I will get my supervisor for you, please hold.' = 10

Nearly ready to apply.

There, fixed that for you. Don't worry, nothing a few night classes or a bridging course can't fix. Smiley Wink

I assume you've been attending a voice coach for pronunciation/enunciation & elocution lessons to ensure that you can communicate with the appropriate inflection & accent... as it just wouldn't do to be confusing your customers otherwise.

It's a shame if you haven't been studying other languages. I don't know why it is but I do find multilingual girls to be somewhat... mmmm... 'alluring'... but I guess pidgin toe'd girls do have their good points too. Smiley Tongue

Message 30 of 48
Latest reply