Simple Production Scheduling

xbazzax
Community Member

Good Afternoon fellow Sellers!

I run an "at home" buisness through multiple online stores and its starting to become a bit of an issue tracking due dates thoughout them.

Does anyone know of / use a scheduling tool of some sort that would allow me to put an order into it with a due date and then give me an overview of whats in the system?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Simple Production Scheduling

Not really sure what you mean, but if you are running several OL stores, you should, at the very least, be using a spreadsheet (csv) system that you can upload information from on a regular basis to each business.

You can set this (csv) to record orders placed / outstanding / received / cost and exp / paid for / backorders etc from buyers if that is how you are running your business.

A little more information would be good -

bit of an issue tracking due dates thoughout them.

Due dates for what ? Delivery to buyers or receipt of orders you have placed?

allow me to put an order into it with a due date

Again, due date for what ? An order you are waiting for ? or an order you need to send?

an overview of whats in the system?

An over view of what ? Your stock levels ? Items not recieved ? Items sold ?

is this a eBay business or general OL store ?

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for your response ๐Ÿ™‚

Part of the issue we have is that everything we sell is custom made to a clients requirements.

It's the scheduling of these custom orders thats is becoming overwhelming, im looking for a system of some sort that would allow me to input all the orders with a due date for shipping to allow us to plan production runs.

The majority of orders come from ebay and i have found the "Days awaiting shipment" feature very handy.

Something like this that would allow me to enter jobs from other sources so i can see whats coming up would be great.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Dunno if/not its of any help but Wikipedia has a list of scheduling software available around the world.

I've not tried any of it but maybe its worth a read to you.

Task Scheduling Software

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Maybe you should look at something like MYOB. They have an inventory system where are you buy your parts they go into the inventory and then as you build your item you simply take them out via an order and invoice off your complete item. The inventory should go up and down as you purchase, build and sell. Just an idea?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply