Slow deliveries

Do you have buyers complaining about slow deliveries?  I have number of orders taking weeks coming from within my city, and those from Sydney have been taking 3+ weeks.  That goes for AP as well as various couriers.   But now I have buyers complaining.  The tracking says "delayed due to COVID19", so what more do they expect me to do?  I post my items immediately.  

There is no way I will be filling "missing parcel" form yet, but just wondering if it can be done on line?  Cannot see such function on the AP site, and  when I tried to chase  missing up 1/2 of an order sent by courier their complaint link was disabled.  

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Slow deliveries

cezm
Community Member

I have had a few delayed parcels.

You have to sign up to My Post to lodge an enquiry. I have done it for a couple of items as it seems to reassure the buyers that I am concerned about the delay

https://auspost.com.au/receiving/delayed-lost-or-damaged-items/find-a-missing-item

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Slow deliveries

cezm
Community Member

I have had a few delayed parcels.

You have to sign up to My Post to lodge an enquiry. I have done it for a couple of items as it seems to reassure the buyers that I am concerned about the delay

https://auspost.com.au/receiving/delayed-lost-or-damaged-items/find-a-missing-item

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Slow deliveries

pnc75
Community Member

Painfully, painfully slow. 

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Slow deliveries

Generally speaking our buyers have been patient and plenty of news recently on Australia Post's efforts so you cannot blame anyone when your capacity increases +80% in a matter of weeks...

eBay have added a header when you click on an orders tracking number "Due to the coronavirus outbreak, deliveries may be delayed."

With MyPost you can track your orders easily and can see the drawn out ones and we lodge a support ticket on those ones.  Time to step up folks.

When an order arrives we send the buyer a confirmation and we have now added the postal delay.

" Hello and thank you for your purchase. Your order will be mailed in our next business day pick up at 12pm. We will update you when posted.  Australia Post have advised they are currently experiencing delivery delays due to a high volume of parcels in their network.

Should you have any questions or problems please get in touch with us.

Regards."

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Slow deliveries

@south.coffee wrote:

With MyPost you can track your orders easily and can see the drawn out ones and we lodge a support ticket on those ones.  Time to step up folks.

You could if Aus. Post were scanning items along the way.  But for the vast majority of both my sales and purchases, after the initial lodgement scan there is nothing until it's delivered - there's no way of knowing how far along the delivery process items are.

I had to open up two support tickets with AP this past week for INRs that buyers opened, and AP has evidently been inundated with support tickets - it was a several day wait before hearing back, so that time must be spent reassuring your buyer you're trying your best to get an update for them.

Despite those complaints, I'm grateful we still have a functioning postal service - I have a friend in Perú who was selling online, but has had to stop as their postal service has been shut down - there's no way yo send anything now.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Slow deliveries

Yeah, my parcels are showing as "Initiated" for like a week before they go into "It's on the way".

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Slow deliveries

Since posting earlier, I've just noticed I have another four items I've sold that are now late as per AP's expected delivery date. I'm gonna take the initiative this time and lodge tickets with AP tomorrow morning, and message my buyers. Frustrating.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Slow deliveries

@tazzieterror wrote:

@south.coffee wrote:

You could if Aus. Post were scanning items along the way.  But for the vast majority of both my sales and purchases, after the initial lodgement scan there is nothing until it's delivered - there's no way of knowing how far along the delivery process items are.

I had to open up two support tickets with AP this past week for INRs that buyers opened, and AP has evidently been inundated with support tickets - it was a several day wait before hearing back, so that time must be spent reassuring your buyer you're trying your best to get an update for them.

Despite those complaints, I'm grateful we still have a functioning postal service - I have a friend in Perú who was selling online, but has had to stop as their postal service has been shut down - there's no way yo send anything now.

You're doing better than me. I opened a case last Thursday. No response. Kicked it onto their Facebook page today and got an instant, and I mean instant, form response that it would take at least 2 days for them to look at it.

Which means I'll have to refund the buyer as they've been waiting a month already.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Slow deliveries

The two I chased up from earlier this week were posted 27/3, and had been in transit over three weeks at the time the buyers opened INRs. That was from SA to two different parts of WA.

I'd really love to know where the delay is occurring. Within an hour of me opening an AP support ticket for the second one, it suddenly showed up in tracking as out for delivery -- probably a coincidence but who knows?

But even after it was delivered I still received an automated ticket response a couple of days later, as if it was still missing. AP's computers evidently aren't talking to each other.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Slow deliveries

@tazzieterror wrote:
The two I chased up from earlier this week were posted 27/3, and had been in transit over three weeks at the time the buyers opened INRs. That was from SA to two different parts of WA.

I'd really love to know where the delay is occurring. Within an hour of me opening an AP support ticket for the second one, it suddenly show up in tracking as out for delivery -- probably a coincidence but who knows?

But even after it was delivered I still received an automated ticket response a couple of days later, as if it was still missing. AP's computers evidently aren't talking to each other.

Mine was posted to WA from ACT on 25 March. Last scan was leaving Sydney on 27/3. It's marked as delayed, but I doubt that is parcel specific. It would have to be a way for them to try to cover their backsides because they cannot cope. I assume they think that will absolve them from responsibility for not fulfilling their contracts.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply