So Google is the culprit in sales nosedive

Everyone complaining of slow sales were correct in assuming that something just wasnt quite right.

This has probably been discovered by other posters but just in case here it is again

in April eBay had 8.4 million search terms placed in Google’s top 100. In May it had 7.8 million. This month, it has just 5.4 million.

But it’s also less about how many search terms eBay has in the top 100, than where those search terms fall. In April, eBay placed in the top five of Google’s search results for 3.5 million terms. Now it is in the top five for just 1.1 million queries. It was placed on the first page of Google’s result for 5.4 million search terms in May, but now makes the top ten for just 2.5 million terms.

It’s a punishment for eBay that has competitive advantage for Google. It has been upgrading its Shopping option, phasing out antiquated product listing ads in favor of Google Shopping display boxes, where Google is either getting paid for selling, or advertising the product. It started doing this in beta last October, and will have completed the switch over by August....more..

http://pando.com/2014/06/17/ebays-search-results-mysteriously-take-a-hit-as-google-ramps-up-its-own-...

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: So Google is the culprit in sales nosedive

yep it's something like you call ignorance against the ignorance, so many IT guy's, managers over the world regarding monopol services of ebay seting the routers in company to block ebay content. Mostly the group called anonymouse so many people work for others companys they started in may most ebay server have block what will have effect for Ebay rating.

On my Perth network are actually conected 8562 active users when i receive my last item. All customers will be effected with block of alll content of Ebay same rulles will be applied for free wifi in Perth and Fremantle.

Lets call it black out, regarding law provider have right to block content or insecure page, regarding the hack and ebay lost 156 milion user personal data, i do not think Ebay is secure place for buying and selling.

Just looking for typical Australian auction page where i can move the traffic and set up the main routers.  

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

I ask again.....is it Wednesday yet?

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

I thoght it was freeky friday for a minute

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

Can I have some of what you are on?

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

Toxoplasmosis transmitted from warm blooded animals ie cats & rats to humans may have an effect on mental health in infected humans.& it's free!

I googled it so it's true.

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

Shocking illness it is, shocking. Maybe toxo has something to do with the sales nosedives for some people? 

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Can I have some of what you are on?

Are you sure about that, Lyndal? Seems to me it leads to permanent dementia.

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

Yes that true that's the reason why i kill cats and i hate cats. Rat's do not have this type of illness.  I'm really sory for hard working men no wonder they are trying to merry something inteligent overseas :DD Go back googling 😄

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

I'm educated enough to know how to spell Pommy who is a person from England & that it's against animal cruely laws to be killing kitties but anyhoo you want a cuddle? Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

No, rats are much worse. They carry the bubonic plague which wiped out half of Europe.
Message 20 of 27
Latest reply