So Google is the culprit in sales nosedive

Everyone complaining of slow sales were correct in assuming that something just wasnt quite right.

This has probably been discovered by other posters but just in case here it is again

in April eBay had 8.4 million search terms placed in Google’s top 100. In May it had 7.8 million. This month, it has just 5.4 million.

But it’s also less about how many search terms eBay has in the top 100, than where those search terms fall. In April, eBay placed in the top five of Google’s search results for 3.5 million terms. Now it is in the top five for just 1.1 million queries. It was placed on the first page of Google’s result for 5.4 million search terms in May, but now makes the top ten for just 2.5 million terms.

It’s a punishment for eBay that has competitive advantage for Google. It has been upgrading its Shopping option, phasing out antiquated product listing ads in favor of Google Shopping display boxes, where Google is either getting paid for selling, or advertising the product. It started doing this in beta last October, and will have completed the switch over by August....more..

http://pando.com/2014/06/17/ebays-search-results-mysteriously-take-a-hit-as-google-ramps-up-its-own-...

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: So Google is the culprit in sales nosedive

@2011.narelle wrote:

I'm educated enough to know how to spell Pommy who is a person from England & that it's against animal cruely laws to be killing kitties but anyhoo you want a cuddle? Smiley Tongue

I'm educated enough to know how to spell full stop!!!

GROUP HUG!!!

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

google sucks they started out fine then turned into a monster

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

Not unlike eBay & Paypal when you think about it. 😉
Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

There is not prove for the plague, they allmost killed all Rattus Ratuus in UK but the rats are not moving so fast but birds are flying.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

What a charming individual you are. A real asset to these boards. Not.
Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Here here..what a waste of a perfectly good thread...I took it elsewhere as this will be polluted..OVER AND OUT on this one

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

Toxoplasmosis transmitted from warm blooded animals ie cats & rats to humans may have an effect on mental health in infected humans.& it's free!

I googled it so it's true.

I had that years ago,(on top of food poisoning,so the doc didn't know whether it was via undercooked meat or

my OH's cats).

So at least I'll have an excuse,tease.gif

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply