So a competitor gives us a negative feedback that is utter lie and ebay....

So a competitor gives us a negative feedback that is utter lie and eBay can't do anything about it.

They sell Pokemon Cards, claims we didn't respond to their message. eBay messages shows that they have never contacted us.

When confronted via eBay message, this person claims they messaged us on the 19th - conveniently he clears his "sent messages" daily so he doesn't have a record either.

He continues to talk gibberish about terrible our service, changing the subject, all the while refusing our request that he show us when he contacted us.

This is down right dirty. This particular person sells exactly the same products as we do and has the audacity to buy with the pure intent to leave negative feedback.

I've reported it to eBay via email requesting removal under the unwelcome/malicious buying policy, but they will not yield. Will give them a call tomorrow.

Anyone else have any thoughts? What would YOU do if another seller does this to you?

Have considered filing for defamation and get him to pay for our legal fees. Furious to say the least.

P.S. their latest reply "doesn't trust buyers" ? What is that meant to even mean?!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

diwrecktor
Community Member

domsa_mcp

G'day

Read...."Buyer won't return item for FULL refund- leaves Neg's" below and that will tell you how much help (not) as to removing Negs. Bit of a warning though as you would more than likely expect the unexpect

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I would persevere with having the neg removed.

Add them to my Blocked Bidders List.

Block bidders who are not phone verified and less than 1 feedback. (That will stop them setting up new accounts to buy from you again)

Forget about them and move on. Not worth the thought on petty minded people.

image host
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

From what I understand you can put them on your BBL so it should stop them from bidding on future auctions.

From a buyers point of view, I don't think negs are that big a deal but I will look at how the seller responds to them.  I will avoid anyone who leaves aggressive responses to negs.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Use this form to apply for the removal on the grounds of defamation (you can have it witnessed by a JP): http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/community/defam-form.html

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

You have exceptionally good feedback for a high volume seller of the kind of items you sell so personally I wouldn't wast any time on it.

I noted your latest neg and would just like some clarification, I know lithium batteries have to be sent road only, if I am listing anything that has one I make it very clear in the listing that it will be posted road only in line with AP legislation, but was not aware that NiMH were also restricted. Can you confirm that is the case please.

If it is I would leave a follow up to their "who puts "BY ROAD ONLY" on a package?"saying "For batteries everyone who doesn't want to breach AP legislation"

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I can't quote the legislation, but our AP account manager said that rechargeable batteries also require a by road only sticker.

Regardless, regular mail goes by road, only express (and limited remote destinations) do they travel by air.

This customer quoting 9 days transit, counted their purchase late in the afternoon as 1 day, as well as the weekend as 2 days AND the day they receive it (early in the morning) as another day. It was only 5 business days interstate!

---

The query of the negative is for the one previous not the battery customer (they've left a different seller a neutral also for the "by road only" sticker).

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Give ebay a call right now and get it removed.

Explain the situation.

They will look into your messages between you and this buyer and will likely remove it on the spot.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks digital ghost. I have been looking for that form for a while. 🙂

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks digital ghost. I have been looking for that form for a while. 🙂

While you are it ask for removal of the battery guy as well- he has left reply to the follow up now. Obviously 5 working days is normal for delivery, not that how long AP takes has anything to do with how fast you have posted, which obviously was timely.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply