So how many free listings a month do I get?

I don't have a store and I have 30 listings at the moment (listed for free) and they are all "good till canceled". Do I get 30 NEW free listings a month, or 30 TOTAL free listings? In other words, on March 1, can I start listing again for free even though I already have 30 items for sale?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: So how many free listings a month do I get?

Yes, you're right, I was thinking of store BN listings at .50c.

Yes the free relists are NOT supposed to come off your free listing allocation, and never have for me, but there have been posts in the forums from people who have experienced this differently.

Lastly, yes, using the free relists maximises your use of monthly free listing allocations so that you can have up to 160 items listed at one time without incurring listing fees (using 40 per month over 4 months).  However, with a limit of 100, this is not possible as you cannot exceed 100 altogether.  Once you have 100 listings in active and sold for the month, (and assuming you list for 30 days with 3 free relists) you will only be able to list as many new ones each month as you sold in the last month.

After your feedback on the new ID starts to build (over 25 is a good point to start asking) you can request an increased limit, but they only entertain that once a month and it's not guaranteed.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

sorry davewil , quick look , quick fingers , brain not in gear, and not even on the plonk. Smiley Embarassed

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

@galla2016 wrote:

Actually, both auctions and Buy It Now are $1.50.

I'm wondering if the reason I can't see the "3 free relistings" is because I sometimes use "sell similar item" to create a new listing. If I didn't select that option on the original listing then maybe that's why it doesn't appear as an option on the new listing. 

Another thing... this page says that the free relistings don't count towards the free listings for the month, so in effect you could have lots more than 30 active free listings at once:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/fees.html#basic

"If you set up automatic relisting for your item, you'll pay an insertion fee for the initial listing. If your item doesn't sell, it will then be relisted up to three times with no additional insertion fee and without counting towards your free listing entitlement for the month."

If you were listing with the GTC option, then the free relists won't appear regardless of how the listing is created. If you list for 30 days, then it should be there, regardless of how you list, even using sell similar. I often use that option and rarely have problems getting the relist box to appear. On the occasion where it's not there, I'll go back later and revise the listing as it usually makes an appearance then.

The insertion fees are only applicable after you have gone over your free listing quota. That is, if you don't have a store, you get 40 freebies a month. When you list the 41st, you get charged the insertion fee. Also worth mentioning, if you decide to use a subtitle (which from memory is $2), you will be charged that again each time an item relists, even if it's an automatic free relist. Sometimes eBay will offer you a free subtitle, that only counts for that listing. If it relists, you will then be charged for the subtitle (it's an easy trap to fall into).

If you do manage to get your limit increased to 100, keep an eye out here for free listing promotions (they've been happening once a month for non stores). That way you can use your quota of 100 without having to pay any insertion fees.

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply