So how many free listings a month do I get?

I don't have a store and I have 30 listings at the moment (listed for free) and they are all "good till canceled". Do I get 30 NEW free listings a month, or 30 TOTAL free listings? In other words, on March 1, can I start listing again for free even though I already have 30 items for sale?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you have a listing limit of 30 items then that is all you can have listed at any one time whether they are free or paid for.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Thanks for your fast response!

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

There are two things you need to consider.  Non-store sellers get 40 free listings per month.  But as a new seller, you will have a limit on how many items you offer for sale month. You cannot exceed that limit in any month, so if your listing limit is 30 you will not be able to list more than 30 (including items sold in the same month).   At the start of the month, any items you sold in the previous month can then be replaced with new items. Further more, because you are using GTC, the current listings will relist every 30 days (coming off your free listings if you have any left).  That means with a limit of 30 you will not be able to list any more items in March regardless of how many free listings you have. 

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

I would be listing for 30 days with 3 free auto-relists selected. That way they last for 120 days on the one listing. You would have to relist every 120 days, and your limits probably make it ineffective in the short term, but it is something to keep in mind for the future.

I'm not sure if it still works, but attaching a credit card (or Visa debit) to your account used to get your limits raised to 100 items/$US7,500 per month.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

I thought I had attached a cc - at least, I inputted one somewhere - but just discovered the payment method was still paypal so I attached my credit card. Maybe it takes a while to take effect because I still can't get another free listing.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

There are two places you can include your credit card.  One is eBay - to pay your eBay listing fees each month (I have it set up to automatically charge my cc monthly).  The other is PayPal - where you can fund PayPal purchases with your credit card.  But I'm not sure that this would have any impact on the amount of listings you can have active each month.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

I think you still have to hit the request button.

I can't remember. It was a few years ago on this and my other restricted ID. I've never had listing limits on my main ID.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Revise your GTC listings to 30days with the 3 free relistings. As Daredevil says they will come off your montly allowance each month or you will end up paying listing fees. A few sellers will be caught with this .

Tomorrow is a new month , so you may get some more then.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

@lowanacrafts wrote:

Revise your GTC listings to 30days with the 3 free relistings. As Daredevil says they .

pmsl.gif pmsl.gif pmsl.gif pmsl.gif pmsl.gif

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply