So what else can I do with my RSS feed?

So I've only just recently began using my RSS feed to feed new listings through our Twitter account using Twitterfeed, but I was wondering if there is anything else that can be done with it?  Are there any sites that I can feed it to that will increase SEO?  Maybe a third-party site like a BANS, not sure if I need to find one specific to my industry?

Just getting a bit excited about trying to grow this store more and more, 500 new listings in the last two weeks, would be good to use the abundance of extra keywords to increase search engine optimisation!

amxsuperstores - Australia's three largest motorcycle accessories superstores.
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: So what else can I do with my RSS feed?

I wonder if you could explain to us mere mortals what is RSS feed, how does it work and how it relates to eBay listings/Sales?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Well, if you activate RSS feeds (Home > My eBay > Marketing Tools > RSS Feeds) it automatically feeds a list of any new listings you create.  You can then using third-party programs (easily found in a Google search) to set up a feed using your RSS information (link can be found down the bottom of your store front page after you've activated RSS feeds, little orange icon on the right-hand side) to automatically post to your Twitter account, Facebook account or a few other things.  You can set it up so after an allocated time period it will post your most recent listing as a tweet, which is kinda cool.  You'd obviously have to use common sense as to not spam the heck out of your Twitter followers, but we've created a Twitter account specifically for people wanting to see when we have new listings created.

There's a little official eBay summary of RSS feeds here if you need it.  I sort of learned the basics through here, then after that, Google is your friend.

I'm wondering if I can use this RSS feed information to increase search engine optimisation within Google and the like.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Dang, I posted a comprehensive answer, but when I clicked 'Post' it disappeared!

To summarise my long-winded reply that faded into the Community nether-regions:

If you activate RSS feed (found in 'Marketing tools') you can use this information to do a constant listing feed on social media.  A quick Google search will show a lot of information if you search 'eBay RSS feed'.  My last post had comprehensive lists and information and links, not sure if this maybe triggered a spam reaction causing my post to be digested by the bowels of eBay Community.

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

So if I have a Facebook page (which I do) that shows our products and provides a link back into our ebay stores I can somehow automate the updates of the FB page using this RSS thingy?

So if we add/change/delete listings in our ebay store the FB page will automatically follow this change?

That would be cool bananas!

At the moment I manually update the FB page randomly, probably not as frequently as I should.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Yeah it works really good for that.  The website I used was simply called Twitterfeed.  It was the first one I found, and worked so well I didn't bother searching more.

Also for the record, I am not affiliated with Twitterfeed, to be honest I'd never used Twitter until I read up about RSS feeds!  They had an option for Facebook too.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Hmmm! Might have to do some reading about this. I've seen this RSS before but never understood what it does.

Any suggestions on places to read that make it easy for dummies like me to understand?

And even further, how I might go about setting up an auto link into my Facebook page?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I hope this link works now.

eBay RSS feed information.

Sweet, it worked.  Use this information here, and do a quick Google search for 'Twitterfeed', and put two and two together.  Once you sign up for an account (free) it asks for the login information for Twitter (and FB if you like) and requests how often you'd like to tweet/post, and a few other parameters.

Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I've posted a few replies to this but there must be some stupid ruling preventing me from posting an informative reply.  Very frustrating as the links I've been posting are official eBay information.  Bah!  Frustrating.

You'll need to search for the information, using the usual internet search engines.  I'm too scared to post a company name or anything in case this post gets deleted again!  If I can find my original posts (does eBay Community harbour old deleted messages?) I'll PM them to you.

Hope this helps!

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply