Sold items re-appearing in Active Listings?

Hi all, I was checking through my listings last night and found 3 items that sold and have been relisted into my Active items...these items sold on 11/4/18, 12/4/18 and 15/5/18...they were all relisted on 13/6/18 @ 18:30:56....

there is no way I have done this, I hardly ever go into Sold unless I am checking an order and once the order is sent, I don't go back there (unless of course there is a problem)...they appear to have been chosen at random, quite scary when I basically sell one off items so if these were to sell again, I would not be able to supply and we all know what that means...

anyone else had this problem? If not, it may pay to check...I have 1500 active items and as far as I have checked, these are the only 3 renegates...

Any information or advice on why this might have happened would be appreciated...thank you 🙂

Jenni

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

A few people have reported having the same thing happen last year.  I have the occasional item appear in unsold when it's still active.  If anything drops into unsold at an unusual time I always check whether it's still active before I relist now.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

thank you for you reply...

that's interesting, I might have to stay more alert about these things happening, first time I believe it has happened to me and I have been selling for close to 8 years now...

the reprecussions could be horrendous...

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I have sold two items a few weeks ago that I could not find. One in particular is kept with similar items in a very specific storage cupboard and simply cant get lost. I suspect both of these are sold items that have mysteriously relisted by themselves but I cant prove it.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

thank you, the exact scenario I was thinking of...sometimes it is hard to recall if an item has sold, luckily the ones I found were within the 90 days..
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

If they were over 90 days you could always check your invoices. Ebay keeps them available for the last 18 months and it'd be easy enough to search for them using Ctrl+F. It wouldn't be a lot of help in determining who listed it by mistake - you or ebay.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Oh, it's ebay alright!!

I'v had some sold items re-listed.  

A couple were re-listed in April that had been sold last bluddy August!

I caught them before anyone bought.

I keep a watchful eye now, and May was the last time I found one re-listed.

Latest ebay trick?

End a listing and lose your history.    horror smiley.gif

After selling over 375, it's back to square one now.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

This first happened to me about six months ago.  Everything I sell is "one-of-a-kind" and when I was unable to find an item that had sold I panicked.  It was some hours before I realized that the item had been bought a few weeks earlier by the very same US buyer.   I called eBay, and after a long time on the phone and being passed from one person to another, I was patched through to ebay.com as well.  The verdict: it was a very unusual glitch.  The next time it happened I was prepared.  Strangely, that was also to a US buyer.  Now I check every item against listings as a precaution.  This is possible as I'm just a small seller.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@wilmajames123 wrote:

This first happened to me about six months ago.  Everything I sell is "one-of-a-kind" and when I was unable to find an item that had sold I panicked.  It was some hours before I realized that the item had been bought a few weeks earlier by the very same US buyer.   I called eBay, and after a long time on the phone and being passed from one person to another, I was patched through to ebay.com as well.  The verdict: it was a very unusual glitch.  The next time it happened I was prepared.  Strangely, that was also to a US buyer.  Now I check every item against listings as a precaution.  This is possible as I'm just a small seller.

YOURE RIGHT !!! .........    ( lightbulb suddenly goes on ) .....I Hadnt noticed it before you pointed it out, but both of my mystery relists where purchased by U.S buyers too.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Hi all, it has happened again...I sold 2 items, same items, same listing, one on 17/10 and one on 23/10 and have just discovered they were relisted on the 24th with qty 2...now I will have to check if anything else listed on that day from my Sold listings...so annoying and time consuming, this is getting to be beyond a joke!

Just letting everyone know to stay vigilant particularly when selling one off items, we could end up in ebay jail (for doing the wrong thing when we had nothing to do with it)..

Jenni

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply